Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idaho Vandals

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Idaho Vandals

Was bored today and started cruising the internet, WOW by reading their board you would think they were a powerhouse FBS team. Not sure dropping support or buying tickets will help their School

https://247sports.com/college/idaho/...018--111681250

Default Re: Idaho Vandals

We should do a home and home with them.

I was looking at their scholarships. Last year, they had 15 seniors and this year they only have 4 true freshman. They need to shave off 22 scholarships so we know they saved at least 11 there. They have 5 less seniors than juniors last year, so that's 16 scholarships. I would imagine they had some attrition or reduced some players to partials.

Based on those numbers, they should have some decent quality athletes for the next 2 years and then its going to be really tough only having 4 players in this years true freshman class

I think they'll be ok for a few years but looking at their offensive line that gave up 85 sacks and a Dline with an abundance of 6-1 guys, power run games will destroy them. They are built like a D2 team physically

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

[QUOTE=HerdBot;1282 power run games will destroy them. They are built like a D2 team physically[/QUOTE]

So they won't have to worry much about Big Fluffy teams.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We should do a home and home with them.
    I agree, would be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Was bored today and started cruising the internet, WOW by reading their board you would think they were a powerhouse FBS team. Not sure dropping support or buying tickets will help their School

https://247sports.com/college/idaho/...018--111681250
    Fascinating read... I am amazed by the fans that are disappointed that they don't get to play FBS games anymore... how is it fun to get pummeled by FBS teams on a regular basis?

With that said, I am glad they have dropped down, and would like to see more of these "bottom feeder" FBS team realize they are out of their league at the FBS level. The Big Sky is a much better fit for them, and hopefully they can have winning seasons on a regular basis. But I don't see them becoming an elite FCS team anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Fascinating read... I am amazed by the fans that are disappointed that they don't get to play FBS games anymore... how is it fun to get pummeled by FBS teams on a regular basis?

With that said, I am glad they have dropped down, and would like to see more of these "bottom feeder" FBS team realize they are out of their league at the FBS level. The Big Sky is a much better fit for them, and hopefully they can have winning seasons on a regular basis. But I don't see them becoming an elite FCS team anytime soon.
    Who's to say they won't get pummeled at the FCS level too. I imagine there will be a lot of moments where their fans get angry and start asking: "Why did we drop down if we are still getting our butt kicked, at least before it was by USC and Washington."

Quote from one Vandal poster: "People that care about college football care about the Big Boys....they don't care about the little guys." Your typical fan of a P5 team considers the G5 to be the little guys too except for Gophers fans who tell themselves that New Mexico state is a tougher opponent than North Dakota State.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Bison View Post
    Who's to say they won't get pummeled at the FCS level too.
    Things may not be all that bad---one poster on their board said that they are picked 8th in the BSC
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

You would think theyd compete for a playoff spot