Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who likes the diamond formation NDSU runs?

Default Who likes the diamond formation NDSU runs?

This blogger does: https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/6...ison-s-success

Favorite stat - NDSU ran play-action out of the diamond formation six times and scored TDs on half those plays and just missed a fourth. Anybody remember the play that was an almost-TD?

I also wonder how many times Stick kept the ball on that play.

Default Re: Who likes the diamond formation NDSU runs?

I love it the same way I like the read option, as a change up. It's so chaotic looking that it's a recipe for blown coverages and missed assignments. That's why it produces many big plays.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    This blogger does: https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/6...ison-s-success

Favorite stat - NDSU ran play-action out of the diamond formation six times and scored TDs on half those plays and just missed a fourth. Anybody remember the play that was an almost-TD?

I also wonder how many times Stick kept the ball on that play.
    I assume he was talking about the first play in the last video, when Stick overthrew a wide-open Bruce against the Griz. Unless I'm reading something wrong...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I love it the same way I like the read option, as a change up.

This. Use it a few times a season.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I love it. The defense looks in the backfield and sees 4 guys that could carry the ball. Its a nice wrinkle to throw in a couple time a game.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    This. Use it a few times a season.
    Yep. The day we stop being a power run team with a QB under center, play action, a fullback, 2 TE's, running power, and short passing is the day we're screwed. But I love the change up. The fact it's a change up is what makes it effective. When you can have Stick, Bruuuce, Dunn, and Brooks in the backfield, that is totally bad ass.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love it. So many blockers... so many ball carriers...

Yes, it's a great different look

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I like how it shows off the lead blocking skills from all the running backs. No one gets to be just a ball carrier. Everyone is excpected to get their nose dirty.

I love it, and would like to see it more in the play-offs against the softer, non-MVFC defenses.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.