Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atif Austin

Default Atif Austin

Per Izzo: "Chris Klieman Confirms that wide receivers coach Atif Austin is leaving for a job with the New England Patriots. Bill Belichick called Friday to offer job."

Default Re: Atif Austin

Good luck to Atif, wasn't a very hard decision I'm sure. Considering how assistants under Belichick tend to move up he'd have the opportunity to climb the ladder of one of the best organizations in the NFL fairly quickly.

From NDSU's perspective I wonder what this means for the Florida recruiting connection since that was mostly all his recruiting work down there I believe. Obviously whoever they hire to replace him will have their own recruiting connections whether that's in Florida or elsewhere but considering the success of some of those Florida recruits like Tre Dempsey, Chris Board, Bruce Anderson, and Jaylaan Wimbush I'd have to imagine they'd like to keep the pipeline going.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Good luck to Atif, wasn't a very hard decision I'm sure. Considering how assistants under Belichick tend to move up he'd have the opportunity to climb the ladder of one of the best organizations in the NFL fairly quickly.

From NDSU's perspective I wonder what this means for the Florida recruiting connection since that was mostly all his recruiting work down there I believe. Obviously whoever they hire to replace him will have their own recruiting connections whether that's in Florida or elsewhere but considering the success of some of those Florida recruits like Tre Dempsey, Chris Board, Bruce Anderson, and Jaylaan Wimbush I'd have to imagine they'd like to keep the pipeline going.
    Good luck to Atif.

Sounds like Messingham has Florida recruiting connections and has been working down there with Atif.

Wow! That's awesome!

Congrats to Atif!

Hate to see him or any coach go, but happy for their opportunity to advance their careers. Once a Bison, Always a Bison.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

His recruiting will be missed. I don't think he recruited Tre and Board since they were redshirt freshman in 2014 but he's hit some home runs with some other Florida recruits. He's a heck of a coach and we were lucky to hang onto him for 4 years. Good luck in New England!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    His recruiting will be missed. I don't think he recruited Tre and Board since they were redshirt freshman in 2014 but he's hit some home runs with some other Florida recruits. He's a heck of a coach and we were lucky to hang onto him for 4 years. Good luck in New England!
    Messingham has recruiting experience in Florida so hopefully that keeps up the Bison success in that state.

Good luck coach. Thanks for the hard work here.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

It's all a plot by Belichick to get someone on his staff who's been around Carson. Mark my words this is a nefarious plot to get any upper hand he can in the innevitable Super Bowl rematch of Philly and NE....

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is awesome. It kind of sucks, but it speaks volumes about the NDSU program.