Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 fs wtt challenge

Default 2018 fs wtt challenge

Looks Like Bianchi is in the Finals at 57 Kg

Midkiff, won his first match, lost his second match and is now in the wrestle-back semis at 61 Kg

Van Maanen, won his first match, lost his second match, had a backside bye and then lost to Mauller from Eeireman Elite. at 70 Kg

Metz, won his first match, lost his second match and is in the consolation semis at 125 Kg

Default Re: 2018 fs wtt challenge

It looked like Metz tweaked a knee in the semis. I hope it doesn't slow him down too much.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    It looked like Metz tweaked a knee in the semis. I hope it doesn't slow him down too much.
    Knee to knee injury. Messed up his knee cap from the conversation I had with our head athletic trainer during lunch afterwards. I don’t believe it will affect him for next season.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Knee to knee injury. Messed up his knee cap from the conversation I had with our head athletic trainer during lunch afterwards. I don’t believe it will affect him for next season.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    If I were you, I would have used my pull to work mat 2 in the first session and then mat 3 in the second. I watched the first session from the corner of mat 3, which was a good spot. I sure got to rub shoulders with a lot of big names in the wrestling world. I'm glad Metz didn't continue in the wrestlebacks and risk any further injury. Those are some big boys at 125 kg. I thought all the BISON did well considering the competition, but special congratulations for Bianchi on getting 2nd in the challenge tournament.

If I were you, I would have used my pull to work mat 2 in the first session and then mat 3 in the second. I watched the first session from the corner of mat 3, which was a good spot. I sure got to rub shoulders with a lot of big names in the wrestling world. I'm glad Metz didn't continue in the wrestlebacks and risk any further injury. Those are some big boys at 125 kg. I thought all the BISON did well considering the competition, but special congratulations for Bianchi on getting 2nd in the challenge tournament.
    Technically, I worked Mats 1-4 today as I was at the Jury table (as usual) between Mats 1 and 2. Very good wrestling today by the Bison wrestlers as this event doesn’t allow for any slouches/fish to compete.

If you’re here tomorrow, stop by the Jury table in the small gym for the Senior competition. I be over there running the video and music again.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Technically, I worked Mats 1-4 today as I was at the Jury table (as usual) between Mats 1 and 2. Very good wrestling today by the Bison wrestlers as this event doesn’t allow for any slouches/fish to compete.

If you’re here tomorrow, stop by the Jury table in the small gym for the Senior competition. I be over there running the video and music again.

Oops, that was a case of mistaken identity on my part. I never was sure. I had you as the guy running the camera next to the mat side official, which I didn't think was quite right. I must not have seen the real you, or I think I would have figured it out. Anyway, I was just therr for the juniors. I'll be watching on Flo tomorrow.

Oops, that was a case of mistaken identity on my part. I never was sure. I had you as the guy running the camera next to the mat side official, which I didn't think was quite right. I must not have seen the real you, or I think I would have figured it out. Anyway, I was just therr for the juniors. I'll be watching on Flo tomorrow.
    Nope, I was the big, goofy dude at the Jury table in a yellow USAW polo and a Bison hat.

It was pretty awesome to see a strong attendance of Bison wrestlers, coaches and fans. The had a nice big yellow and green section in the crowd. That type of presence will help with recruiting, which is important at an event like this that has arguably the best Cadet and Junior Regional in the country.

Hail the BISON!!!

Props to Fleetwood on knocking off Frank Perrelli today at WTT. That's a heck of a win and indicative of a guy who could AA this year.

Fleetwood, Bianchi and Sykora down low (with Midkiff redshirting) is a really strong light weight group

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Props to Fleetwood on knocking off Frank Perrelli today at WTT. That's a heck of a win and indicative of a guy who could AA this year.

Fleetwood, Bianchi and Sykora down low (with Midkiff redshirting) is a really strong light weight group
    Iron sharpens iron!

Hail the BISON!!!

Zillmer outscores Deron Winn 7-0 in the last minute to win the first match in their best of 3 final series at World Team Trials.

Winn just won a Bellator fight last week and is a 2x JUCO national champ. Former NDSU wrestler Tyler Diamond is competing on season 27 of The Ultimate Fighter and Winn is one of his assistant coaches.