Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 2018 NCAA Tournament thread

Default Re: 2018 NCAA Tournament thread

What’s your coach’s story? What’s keeping him at NDSU? Family? Local guy? He reminds me of AJ.

Very disappointing end to the season. Coming in I thought they had a good chance to win this regional. Just awful at bats in those 2 games yesterday and then the pitching just imploded. Probably their worst 2 games of the season at the worst possible time.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    What’s your coach’s story? What’s keeping him at NDSU? Family? Local guy? He reminds me of AJ.
    Yeah he's a Fargo native.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Very disappointing end to the season. Coming in I thought they had a good chance to win this regional. Just awful at bats in those 2 games yesterday and then the pitching just imploded. Probably their worst 2 games of the season at the worst possible time.
    Or just possibly some of the best competition of the season which caused the hitting to seem bad, and the pitching to be imploding...

As for the Coach they went over his history during the game, started as an assistant with the program and when the previous coach retired he took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Or just possibly some of the best competition of the season which caused the hitting to seem bad, and the pitching to be imploding...

As for the Coach they went over his history during the game, started as an assistant with the program and when the previous coach retired he took over.
    I thought we would win at least 2 games. I'm not disappointed in losing to Arizona because they are just really good and our bats aren't exactly explosive, but that Mississippi State game was ridiculous.

If we are going to win, it has to be low scoring games with great defense, great pitching, and timely hitting. Not games with mental errors, bad defense, bad pitching, and no hitting. It just cant happen.

You need to peak and raise your level of play in the tournament, not regress.

We were the #14 team in the NATION in fielding percentage but we committed 5 errors in 2 games. That's just not acceptable and that has nothing to do with level of competition. Sorry but a ground ball or fly ball off of Arizona's bat is exactly the same coming off of Omaha or SDSUs bats.

Overall it was a fun season and Mueller did a great job as always. Future is bright for softball but if were going to take that next step we need to improve. Were clearly a "win 1 or 2 games" type team. Need to figure out how to get over the hump. If this team could hit, we could take it to the next level. Were a few players away.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-20-2018 at 05:26 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post

Miss St isn't that good. Arizona is always good but they got a ton of bloop hits in that game. Sertic wasn't as dominate as she can be but she pitched good enough to win. The fielding and hitting the last 2 games was pathetic.

theres a pitcher in twin valley minnesota i hope we are keeping a close eye on and or offer soon, only a sophmore but she is the real deal holyfield