Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: New indoor practice facility

Default Re: New indoor practice facility

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I think the expectation at ndsu athletics is carson is writing a big check $5 million or up

In reality athletes don’t write big checks back to the colleges. Lots of examples of $1 million gifts. But not large gifts like some are wishing for

It
    Ndamukong Suh donated 2.6 million and has his name on the Nebraska training facility. That was one of the biggest gifts ever in 2010. Hes also earned 124 million so far but at the time he hadn't

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Ndamukong Suh donated 2.6 million and has his name on the Nebraska training facility. That was one of the biggest gifts ever in 2010. Hes also earned 124 million so far but at the time he hadn't
    He hadn't even been drafted yet at the time of his donation.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If you ever want to have an envious moment, take a tour of Nebraska’s weight room. They spent Suh’s money well.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Suh was also drafted pre slotting and with rookie cap. So benefited from 2 large contracts

Whereas Carsons original contract is big and second deal should be large

Also i would expect his national endorsements to start coming You think the nfl and New York advertising want carson to exceed and become a face of the league? Like Peyton and Brady versus cam or Michael Vick?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Didn't know that. He was obviously confident in his abilities

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm sure Carson will help NDSU any way he can and probably with a nice monetary donation. NDSU has quite a few high dollar donors, very few are professional athletes. I wonder if NDSU has reached out to some of the NFL owners like Lurie as well. Can't hurt to ask!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Suh was also drafted pre slotting and with rookie cap. So benefited from 2 large contracts

Whereas Carsons original contract is big and second deal should be large

Also i would expect his national endorsements to start coming You think the nfl and New York advertising want carson to exceed and become a face of the league? Like Peyton and Brady versus cam or Michael Vick?
    I'm thinking Carson missed out on a lot of opportunities this year because of his injury. Had he won that Super Bowl he'd be the the face of the league right now.

I do get a kick out of still seeing him in those local hot tub and mortgage ads. Those guys are getting one hell of a deal.

Carson should say don't call me, I'll call you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I'm sure NDSU doesn't want to badger the guy right off the bat.. would be kinda sleazy. Let him save some money, get that next contract, and in the long run both parties would be better off. Say he gives a huge donation and then he gets hurt before he has a chance to accumulate some serious wealth, would NDSU give that money back? Would think getting bugged about money right away would leave a sour taste in my mouth if I were him.

NDSU athletics is always sending me letters to donate and it doesn’t offend me. Now, I get it that you approach big donors be it Scheels, Sanford, or Carson differently; but I am confident both sides will handle the situation well.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN