Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New indoor practice facility

Default Re: New indoor practice facility

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It will be definitely be a litmus test on the reach of NDSU Football. My hunch is it will get funded fairly quickly (a couple years). Wonder who will win the naming sweepstakes...Peterson Farm Seeds, Pro Seed, Pioneer, Dekalb, or Thunder seed.
    The Engelstad McGarry indoor practice facility.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The Engelstad McGarry indoor practice facility.
    Funny. Not worth it, but funny.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    How many priority points will I get with my $2.5 million donation for the new IPF?
    ...more points than I have lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I think you transposed a few numbers there. It's $37.2 million
    Minor transposition, but if you come up with the 2.25 mill for the half, i will find someone else to make up the difference
    yes its 37.2 not 32.7

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    How many priority points will I get with my $2.5 million donation for the new IPF?
    I will personally give you 21,474,842 points. In Bisonville rep.

Take my money..

I am typically pro-more-facilities, but I think we can agree that this is a good choice. I think that the recruiting area, and the new weight room are important layups that NDSU can have for a flashy edge in recruiting - for those recruits who are drawing attention from G5/P5 schools.
    Obviously we aren't trying to compete with Oregon, Clemson, and Alabama, but I think we can agree that there is a certain amount of "Sex appeal" to recruits when they see stuff like this. Very cool- hope they make the most of it.
    Champ center 2.jpgchampions center 1.jpgclemson 1.jpgclemson 2.jpg
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Take my money..

I am typically pro-more-facilities, but I think we can agree that this is a good choice. I think that the recruiting area, and the new weight room are important layups that NDSU can have for a flashy edge in recruiting - for those recruits who are drawing attention from G5/P5 schools.
    Obviously we aren't trying to compete with Oregon, Clemson, and Alabama, but I think we can agree that there is a certain amount of "Sex appeal" to recruits when they see stuff like this. Very cool- hope they make the most of it.
    Totally agree. As of now, we win most of the battles for the players were targeting when competing against our conference foes. That's based on being the premier program and already having incredible facilities. This will take us to the next level where we could see more and more Jabril Cox, Nick DeLuca, John Crockett, Marcus Williams, Joe Haeg, Joe May's, Kyle Emmanuel, and Billy Turner type athletes.

We either stay as is and get complacent with our facilities or take it to the next level. I'm all for taking it to the next level because some day when the G5 breaks off from the P5, well be a step ahead of the competition. We will be looked at as a G5 school and be equipped to compete

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Take my money..

I agree. I also think these have a certain amount of "sex appeal" for recruits.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonvet View Post
    i agree. I also think these have a certain amount of "sex appeal" for recruits.
    "six appeal"

Kolpack wrote a piece on the Bison Media Blog today. In a nutshell he says NDSU won't comment on it until the final approval is done, which I think is pretty much a formality. He seems to think we could raise the money quickly. I'm optimistic we will but he seems to be really optimistic. Well see just how good of a fundraiser Matt Larson and the Foundation are.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the...ill-it-happen/
    Last edited by HerdBot; 05-18-2018 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Kolpack, not Izzo