Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New indoor practice facility

Default Re: New indoor practice facility

I'm guessing they've had discussions with a QB on the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    The Athletic department is praying that this next season is another good one, and no injuries. That 2nd contract is going to me immense if he can stay healthy
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The Athletic department is praying that this next season is another good one, and no injuries. That 2nd contract is going to me immense if he can stay healthy
    Who knows but I do know that your first NFL contract as a QB makes you rich. The 2nd NFL contract makes you wealthy. If Kurt Cousins can get a 3 year contract, 84 million all guaranteed. What is Carson worth? 84 million. That's 52 million guaranteed after tax. Then you got agents who take 4-10%. Let s say he gets 10% which leaves him with 46 million. Cousins earned almost 50 million in the 6 years BEFORE he signed this contract. And Carson has a head start on him since he's made 26 million after 4 years. If he gets that big 2nd contract, I'm sure he could afford throw a few bucks our way.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

According to the person who handles such matters they hold off soliciting contributions from the pro athletes until the second contract.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    According to the person who handles such matters they hold off soliciting contributions from the pro athletes until the second contract.
    no pro athlete from NDSU has had 26mill as a "first" contract though.

True, just relaying what I was told. That conversation wasn't specifically about Carson, but it took place after he signed.
    Last edited by Vet70; 05-25-2018 at 04:53 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    True, just relaying what I was told. That conversation wasn't specifically about Carson, but it took place after he signed.
    Fair enough.

No way he could afford to make a huge donation with the 26 million. After taxes probably 15 million. After agent fee, probably 12 million. And obviously he's spent some of it and given some away to some great causes. Now when he get's the 80 million bucks in a few yars...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    No way he could afford to make a huge donation with the 26 million. After taxes probably 15 million. After agent fee, probably 12 million. And obviously he's spent some of it and given some away to some great causes. Now when he get's the 80 million bucks in a few yars...
    Only 12 million? Yeah..he’s probably living in a studio apartment eating Ramen....
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Does it have to be a one time donation or can it be something like, donate 1 mill for the next 5 years? or structured another way? He's also got money coming in from endorsements, etc.

Prediction: he'll be a major donor.