Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Redshirt Seth Wilson?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Redshirt Seth Wilson?

Redshirt Wilson? No Wilson is competing for carries, and may well finish a head of Cofield and Purifoy, both of whom have shown a lack of durability. If Wilson is number 5, consider it Sep, but right now it’s compete time.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Redshirt Wilson? No Wilson is competing for carries, and may well finish a head of Cofield and Purifoy, both of whom have shown a lack of durability. If Wilson is number 5, consider it Sep, but right now it’s compete time.
    I'm just playing off of probability here, but I am of the opinion that Wilson is markedly better than either Cofield and Purifoy, so my gut says DONT redshirt Wilson. I say "probability" because honestly, Wilson is very talented... I haven't seen enough of Cofield or Purifoy to make more of an informed decision based on their individual talents, but the odds that we have FOUR running backs who are more talented than Seth would be absolute insanity (in a good way).
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I'm just playing off of probability here, but I am of the opinion that Wilson is markedly better than either Cofield and Purifoy, so my gut says DONT redshirt Wilson. I say "probability" because honestly, Wilson is very talented... I haven't seen enough of Cofield or Purifoy to make more of an informed decision based on their individual talents, but the odds that we have FOUR running backs who are more talented than Seth would be absolute insanity (in a good way).
    With Bruce, Dunn and Ty Brooks, there simply isn’t a need to play him, especially if those guys are healthy.

If I am Seth Wilson and I have NFL aspirations, I request to be redshirted.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    With Bruce, Dunn and Ty Brooks, there simply isn’t a need to play him, especially if those guys are healthy.

They pulled his redshirt last year at the end of the season, can they do another redshirt on him this year???

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    They pulled his redshirt last year at the end of the season, can they do another redshirt on him this year???
    Yes, as it was pulled. In the eyes of the NCAA, he has not been redshirted.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

haha, Dear lord, how did I forget about Brooks?? Geesh... yeah there's no way that there are FIVE better RBs... But If I was Seth's Agent, I would tell him to request a redshirt. it doesn't sound like he will, but if he wants the BEST shot at the NFL, ask for the redshirt
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

haha, Dear lord, how did I forget about Brooks?? Geesh... yeah there's no way that there are FIVE better RBs... But If I was Seth's Agent, I would tell him to request a redshirt. it doesn't sound like he will, but if he wants the BEST shot at the NFL, ask for the redshirt
    I suspect his first priority as a Bison is to win conference and national championships. The rest will take care of itself. I may be off base, but I suspect if I were off base, then Seth wouldn't be a Bison.

If NDSU wants to keep getting high level recruits and get them to NFL fastest way as a recruiting pitch. Then hell no he should redshirt or any other nfl talent kids, Deluca should've left after his 3rd year he would be 2-3 round draft pick then,

Don't redshirt a kid that we recruit with nfl talent. (I.e Jabril Cox)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think we saw last year that Bruce became a better runner when given more snaps. Very well could be headed to the NFL.

Lance Dunn was on pace to be an all-American.

Ty Brooks might be the most dangerous RB in the FCS.

That is a gigantic three headed monster and no point in taking snaps away from those guys just because Seth also is good. We don’t want to go back to TP days when not a single running back could get into a rhythm. You use Cofield/Purifoy in spells. If one of those guys goes down, all is not lost as we seen before.

Just no point in playing Seth...period.

Do we realize that during the SDSU game, we were down to two running backs? Brooks and Seth Wilson. It's not IF injuries will happen, it's when injuries will happen.

Brooks isn't an every down back due to his size so were really just Brooks and Dunn. And Dunn is all about speed so if hes slow in down

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com