Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Redshirt Seth Wilson?

Default Re: Redshirt Seth Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They did although IIRC he did have some kind of nagging injury last year that didn't allow him to play until the Missouri St game which was the 2nd to last regular season game. I believe that means he could have a medical redshirt available still if he has to miss this entire upcoming season since they could claim he lost the majority of '18 and all of '19 to injury.
    I hope you are right. I suppose it will come down to whether or not they can make a case for him missing most of '18 due to injury and not just because he didn't play due to a regular red shirt. I thought I heard that the NCAA recently modified the 6th year rule so that it's somewhat easier to qualify..... anybody know for sure???

Seth Wilson torn ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its bad. sorry seth hope for a good recovery!
    Its real bad.

Seth had Surgery today, out for 2019 obviously and "could be done" for career.

Thanks Seth! "Once a Bison, Always a Bison"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Damn, that’s awful! Hope he plays in the future! Big loss for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Its real bad.

Seth had Surgery today, out for 2019 obviously and "could be done" for career.

Thanks Seth! "Once a Bison, Always a Bison"

Snowgoose is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The massive increase in ACL tears in all sports compared to the 80's and 90's is quite unbelievable. Back in the 80's it was called a trick knee and you were almost basically done. Glenn Mason discussed this on KFAN a while back and how few ACL tears he saw as a coach and now it is happening so frequently. Everybody thought if we got rid of the original astroturf these would decrease, but the trend is the complete opposite. This increase is coinciding with baseball's Tommy John, so obviously it has to do with the joints cannot sustain the current workouts.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    The massive increase in ACL tears in all sports compared to the 80's and 90's is quite unbelievable. Back in the 80's it was called a trick knee and you were almost basically done. Glenn Mason discussed this on KFAN a while back and how few ACL tears he saw as a coach and now it is happening so frequently. Everybody thought if we got rid of the original astroturf these would decrease, but the trend is the complete opposite. This increase is coinciding with baseball's Tommy John, so obviously it has to do with the joints cannot sustain the current workouts.
    You can make people and muscles bigger and stronger. Ligaments and tendons cannot become more dynamically elastic.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    You can make people and muscles bigger and stronger. Ligaments and tendons cannot become more dynamically elastic.
    Maybe that's why I've never torn an ACL. My muscles are small in proportion to my ligaments!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post

^^^^^
    Truth

Ive been saying this for years.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    ^^^^^
    Truth

Ive been saying this for years.
    What’s happening is the muscles are being strained and strengthened, but ligaments aren’t getting the same “load”. Basic lifting won’t put under stress ligaments and resultantly blood supply. That’s what needs to change a bit in IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.