Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Redshirt Seth Wilson?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Redshirt Seth Wilson?

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    Reviving this thread

So far, with the 2019 commits, we have no running backs on the list. We also have no red shirt freshmen on the squad this year. Obviously that can change, but does that give an indication that we might want to put the shirt back on Wilson?

What option makes most sense? Or are my numbers way off?

Wilson plays 4 games this year with a shirt on.... 30-40 carries and 4 catches, and he plays in 2021....200 carries and 20 catches.
    Wilson plays this whole season with no shirt......80 carries and 15 catches and doesn't play in 2021.

Thoughts?
    DJ Stewart is coming in to camp with the '18 class. He's a RB from WI. And we've still got schollies for the '19 class to find a a RB before December.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Stewart and Clark are both our 2018 RB recruits right?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Seth looked good in the passing game, too. If Brooks isn't 100% yet then Messingham will definitely have a big role for Seth.

tolnabison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Stewart and Clark are both our 2018 RB recruits right?
    There was speculation that Stewart could play in the secondary.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pure and Co likely will be the guys in ‘19 that get significant work, and the’ll get some this year too.

Keep in mind:
    Brooks and Wilson < 200 Lbs
    Pure and Co > 200 Lbs

Co is a tough between the tackles runner with nice wiggle, and would stand up to heavy carries. Pure could be special if he finds his grove as a feature back. I see Brooks and Wilson as complimentary, although Wilson could be a good feature back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Pure and Co likely will be the guys in ‘19 that get significant work, and the’ll get some this year too.

Keep in mind:
    Pure and Co > 200 Lbs

Co is a tough between the tackles runner with nice wiggle, and would stand up to heavy carries. Pure could be special if he finds his grove as a feature back. I see Brooks and Wilson as complimentary, although Wilson could be a good feature back too.
    Weight is a misleading statistic for a RB. How is he built?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

Keep in mind:
    Pure and Co > 200 Lbs

Having played only 3 games in two years Purifoy has a lot to prove this season. He was buried on the depth chart in 2016 and was injured in the first game last year. I am not convinced yet that he can carry half the load.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Weight is a misleading statistic for a RB. How is he built?
    You are making my point. At this time, Cofield and Pure are built to handle a heavier load. Wilson isn’t far behind. Brooks is the home run hitter that can House it at any time. Going to be fun in 2019.

Should he redshirt or play? Moot point. I just noticed this morning that Seth had his number moved from 30 to 22. He is playing this season.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    My only question in this is.... if you don't put the shirt back on him for 2018, what will your running back situation be in 2021? Especially with Talbert moving to defense.
    4* Saybien Clark?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.