Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

Based on what I've seen out of the team so far this year, the way I would play this team is:
    1 - Shahid
    2 - Cook
    3 - Ward
    4 - Rocky
    5 - Deng
    Bench order
    6 - Griesel (when healthy)
    7 - Eady
    8 - Hunter (when healthy)
    9 - Horn
    10 - Samuelson
    11 - Quayle

You start both Deng and Rocky because they would be very effective on the floor together, whichever one starts the game hotter or avoids fouls stays in at the first substitution and the other comes out while Griesel or Eady comes in. You can rotate them for each other at the 5 during the middle of each half but barring foul trouble both should get back on the floor together for the last 3-4 minutes of each half. It would improve our rebounding dramatically and also help space the floor a bit for the guards with two threats around the rim. Can run a little high low getting Deng the ball at the free throw line, he'd be real tough to stop in that situation but I guess that's just me, I'm no D1 coach

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Based on what I've seen out of the team so far this year, the way I would play this team is:
    1 - Shahid
    2 - Cook
    3 - Ward
    4 - Rocky
    5 - Deng
    Bench order
    7 - Eady
    9 - Horn
    10 - Samuelson
    11 - Quayle

You start both Deng and Rocky because they would be very effective on the floor together, whichever one starts the game hotter or avoids fouls stays in at the first substitution and the other comes out while Griesel or Eady comes in. You can rotate them for each other at the 5 during the middle of each half but barring foul trouble both should get back on the floor together for the last 3-4 minutes of each half. It would improve our rebounding dramatically and also help space the floor a bit for the guards with two threats around the rim. Can run a little high low getting Deng the ball at the free throw line, he'd be real tough to stop in that situation but I guess that's just me, I'm no D1 coach
    I think this is a good lineup, but I would put Horn above Hunter (healthy or not). I love the idea of Rocky and Deng on the floor together. Force the other teams hand to deal with both out there. Rebounding is all about effort. You have to want to do it.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Not sure what people see in Cook. Kid should be redshirting imo. Also dont see much from Horn. Greisel os another who I wasnt sure why he was starting before his injury. He has future potential but did mot impact at all when he played

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well isnt the KEY to get your BEST PLAYERS the most minutes???

Isn't it norm that your BEST 5 PLAYERS start the game? Doesn't it also REFLECT who coach thinks are the MOST TRUSTED players by WHO ENDS GAMES that are competitive?

I don't care about thinking HAVE TO keep a big on bench so have balance when sub---NOOOO just be smart with your substitution patterns to keep at least one big on court at all times; unless could even PLAY SMALL BALL and have EADY play a 5;

I KNOW you want players who play both ends equally hard and well---but that isn't always the case; Some players are more offensively minded and some let their offense come to them, and others focus more on defensive end----MY POINT is figure out WHICH MEANS more to you and have those players play more minutes!!!

I CAN CONCLUDE---current lineup isn't based on DEFENSE since rate near ENTIRE D1 basketball in defensive ratings!!!

I also can figure out its not best offensive lineup as go in droughts to score and some players limited in ability to put ball down and drive

SOOOOO Why not give EDGE to better OFFENSIVE players(not saying at ALL that defense doesn't matter) but lets give players that can score the ball the edge in getting more minutes.

So if you have scored 16 points or more in a game this year---I'd say should get MORE MINUTES and possible start; Vinnie, Deng, and Rocky

If you are tops in rebounding, assists, blocks, and or steals---get MORE MINUTES---Tyson

If want to bring more toughness --Tyree

MY STARTERS
    PG Vinnie 28-32 mpg
    SG Tyson 26-30 mpg
    SF Tyree 24-28 mpg
    PF Rocky 30-34 mpg
    C Deng 30-34 mpg
    Guys off bench depends on how well practicing----shooting---etc

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    1 - Shahid
    2 - Cook
    3 - Ward
    4 - Rocky
    5 - Deng
    Bench order
    7 - Eady
    9 - Horn
    10 - Samuelson
    11 - Quayle

I agree with this 100%.

Would love to see Geu and Rocky out there at the same time.
    The fella that watches the CFL