Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

Default Re: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

How does the addition of Sam to the team effect the lineup? Does he redshirt or does a different incoming player redshirt? Thoughts!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    How does the addition of Sam to the team effect the lineup? Does he redshirt or does a different incoming player redshirt? Thoughts!!!
    I would think he redshirts given the depth in the backcourt/wings (Hunter, Shahid, Samuelson, Ward, Quayle, Eady) but in this article he does say "I feel like I have a chance to go there and make a difference right away." I'd also think there's an increased sense of urgency from Richman and staff after last year's struggles so he'll be given an equal chance with the guys who've previously redshirted to prove that he belongs in the rotation and if he can help the team win this fall he'll play right away.

With 6’ 5” wing Jaxon Knotek also signed, a guess would be either he or Griesel would redshirt, or both. Tyree Eady just redshirted, so having 3 freshman wings all in the 6’ 5” - 6’ 6” range would not balance out the roster very well. Not enough pt for everyone - same reason Eady was redshirted this season (AJ PMiller Ward Quayle etc). Of course, injuries can change everything, but otherwise let the competition begin!

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    With 6’ 5” wing Jaxon Knotek also signed, a guess would be either he or Griesel would redshirt, or both. Tyree Eady just redshirted, so having 3 freshman wings all in the 6’ 5” - 6’ 6” range would not balance out the roster very well. Not enough pt for everyone - same reason Eady was redshirted this season (AJ PMiller Ward Quayle etc). Of course, injuries can change everything, but otherwise let the competition begin!
    I am a little concerned about the balance of the roster moving forward. Lots of wings, now I know that can work. Marquette used to play that way with an undersized center. Some teams like alot of 6'7" - 6'8" guys and just switch everything on defense. (West Virginia)

We will see but I don't see the bigs needed outside of Deng, Rocky, and Wison (Redshirt?). (Jordan Meidinger, not sure if healthy) I think it is going to be a really tough year next year. We just hit the reset button and the first year or two might be rough.

Love Deng, I know a lot are high on Rocky but I just haven't seen the sample size on him to be sure, I do know those two are not enough.

Technically at the 4 spot, we have Deng being moved there, we have Rocky who has a very nice freshman year and is really putting on great weight right now, we have a healthy Jordan for the first time in a while after a tough injury and incoming Wilson. So we have a Junior, Sophomore, Redshirt Freshman and a kid who could redshirt. so realistically we are fairly set at the 5 spot. Especially since the 4 has a lot of players that can play there. Including Deng and Rocky. Roster got crazy young this year, but at least it is fun and we are winning some terrific recruiting battles.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Technically at the 4 spot, we have Deng being moved there, we have Rocky who has a very nice freshman year and is really putting on great weight right now, we have a healthy Jordan for the first time in a while after a tough injury and incoming Wilson. So we have a Junior, Sophomore, Redshirt Freshman and a kid who could redshirt. so realistically we are fairly set at the 5 spot. Especially since the 4 has a lot of players that can play there. Including Deng and Rocky. Roster got crazy young this year, but at least it is fun and we are winning some terrific recruiting battles.
    I don't want wilson redshirting... we need a beast down low. period!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Columbia transfer Myles Hanson (of Chaska) is visiting North Dakota State this weekend.

IF NDSU lands him....holy cow this program will be restored.

We are only set at the 5 if either Wilson or Meidinger contributes next season. Rocky should improve, Deng is more of a 4, but can play the 5 in a small ball lineup. Hope Deng can improve his 3s like Trayvonn did to stretch the D a bit.

We have 14 players on the roster for next season. Only 6 of those players have ever played for the Bison. Average minutes per game for last season:

Jared Samuelson 18.6
    Chris Quayle 15.1
    Deng Geu 14.6
    Tyson Ward 27.8
    Rocky Kreuser 12.9
    Cam Hunter 27.6

That totals 116.6 minutes out of the 200 minutes average time per game.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    We have 14 players on the roster for next season. Only 6 of those players have ever played for the Bison. Average minutes per game for last season:

Jared Samuelson 18.6
    Chris Quayle 15.1
    Deng Geu 14.6
    Tyson Ward 27.8
    Rocky Kreuser 12.9
    Cam Hunter 27.6

That totals 116.6 minutes out of the 200 minutes average time per game.
    Fresh start to say the least. Will be exciting to see what happens.