Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

Is NDSU's roster complete? They have only 3 guys over 6'6", and one is 7' RFr Meidinger.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Is NDSU's roster complete? They have only 3 guys over 6'6", and one is 7' RFr Meidinger.
    Yes, roster is complete, Odell Wilson is only 6'6" but he plays bigger than that with a wide frame, if he would happen to grow an inch or two yet that would be amazing but either way his considered a "big" even at his height. I also noticed on the roster that Meidinger's weight went from 220 last year to 235 this year. That's a big jump for a guy that spent half the year nursing an injury, hopefully we can get some decent minutes out of him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yes, roster is complete, Odell Wilson is only 6'6" but he plays bigger than that with a wide frame, if he would happen to grow an inch or two yet that would be amazing but either way his considered a "big" even at his height. I also noticed on the roster that Meidinger's weight went from 220 last year to 235 this year. That's a big jump for a guy that spent half the year nursing an injury, hopefully we can get some decent minutes out of him this year.
    I have huge concerns here. Odell Wilson has a big body but I believe he is a true freshman. If that is the case I can't help but think fouls will be an issue, as it is with most freshman bigs. Meidinger's health concerns me but hopefully things are coming around but he is a red shirt freshman project.

These guys need to learn and will hopefully be ready come the end of the season but I think a few are underestimating the struggles we may have next year. The game is changing and some think we can get by with our young bigs, but my concern is the Summit teams that have the bigs that can exploit our youth down there. It might not matter if we are conceding the league to SDSU this year. (I would hope this is not the case.)

Tangent over. Now back to our regular scheduled programming . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    I have huge concerns here. Odell Wilson has a big body but I believe he is a true freshman. If that is the case I can't help but think fouls will be an issue, as it is with most freshman bigs. Meidinger's health concerns me but hopefully things are coming around but he is a red shirt freshman project.

These guys need to learn and will hopefully be ready come the end of the season but I think a few are underestimating the struggles we may have next year. The game is changing and some think we can get by with our young bigs, but my concern is the Summit teams that have the bigs that can exploit our youth down there. It might not matter if we are conceding the league to SDSU this year. (I would hope this is not the case.)

Tangent over. Now back to our regular scheduled programming . . .
    I don't think it's a given that Wilson even plays this year. They've got Kreuser and Deng for returning guys at the #4/#5 who played decent minutes and hopefully Meidinger can contribute some this year as well. In the Summit League you don't multiple bigs on the court at all times to compete.

I'm pretty much expecting nothing from Meidinger, he came here very raw and these health issues have had to set him back. He needs a year of full health, definitely a project.

I said this before but I don't think we can start Kreuser and Deng, we just don't have enough depth. Need to roll with some serious small ball.

As for SDSU, barring some kind of injury issues, they will walk to the title this year. Not sure the league has ever had a bigger gap between #1 and the rest of the league.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I'm pretty much expecting nothing from Meidinger, he came here very raw and these health issues have had to set him back. He needs a year of full health, definitely a project.

I said this before but I don't think we can start Kreuser and Deng, we just don't have enough depth. Need to roll with some serious small ball.

As for SDSU, barring some kind of injury issues, they will walk to the title this year. Not sure the league has ever had a bigger gap between #1 and the rest of the league.
    It's definitely gonna be a gap between them and everyone else but with the guard talent we have brought in this year I definitely think we will be more equipped to handle King, Jenkins Jr and Key when we matchup. Geu played Daum very well in the tournament last year (we are all on the same page as to why it didn't continue) and so I think we can give them a run for their money but yes, on paper it's SDSU's bid to lose. Thankfully it's the last year we have to see Daum and King on the court against our guys.

Geu with 13 pts and 12 rebs for Uganda in a big loss to Nigeria in a FIBA Africa qualifying game today.

Here are some highlights..at 1:03 mark, Geu with a bad pass but check out the block

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IjBMhalRVAM

is wilson even coming this year

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    is wilson even coming this year
    Well he's on the roster and was signed for this years class and has a major listed in his bio so I'm not sure why he wouldn't be.

I am liking the aggressiveness displayed by Deng right now in international play. I hope he is that aggressive the next couple years for NDSU.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.