Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Interesting news from yesterday that I missed. Captains, as voted on by the team, on a senior-less roster are juniors Jared Samuelson and Vinnie Shahid. Shahid is a JUCO transfer that has been with the program "about 3 or 4 months" according to Richman: http://www.wday.com/sports/basketbal...hahid-captains

Seems increasingly likely that Shahid will be the starting PG from day one. Slide Hunter over to the 2 and Ward down to the 3. Only question is how do they handle the 4/5? I would love to see them play Deng at the 5 and go small but we'll see.
    I agree I think Shahid will start, I don't think Hunter will however, he's too small to play the 2 spot against most teams. I think he'll see plenty of playing time as a backup PG but I don't think he starts. I think it'll be Shahid, Ward, Eady, Geu and Rocky in the starting lineup unless a guy like Cook, Horn or Griesel comes in and really impresses to replace Eady in the starting lineup. Richman tends to prefer experience though so I think the above is the most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Richman tends to prefer experience though so I think the above is the most likely.
    Yep, it takes a couple of years to master the weave-n-chuck offense.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I agree I think Shahid will start, I don't think Hunter will however, he's too small to play the 2 spot against most teams. I think he'll see plenty of playing time as a backup PG but I don't think he starts. I think it'll be Shahid, Ward, Eady, Geu and Rocky in the starting lineup unless a guy like Cook, Horn or Griesel comes in and really impresses to replace Eady in the starting lineup. Richman tends to prefer experience though so I think the above is the most likely.
    Hunter is listed at 6'3". That seems plenty big for a 2 guard in the Summit League. About the only guard I can think of with a back-to-the-basket game in the Summit Leagues is Konchar from IPFW. I think the bigger concern is Hunter's defense in general which seemed to be lacking last year. Hunter seemed like more of a scoring guard last year anyway so seems like he's a better fit at the 2 than he is at the 1. But who knows... these guys should be developing from last year to this year so hopefully he can improve his defense and his turnover rate.

I've said it before but I think a lineup of Shahid/Hunter/Ward/Eady/Geu would be real fun to watch if they could hold their own on the boards.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hunter is listed at 6'3". That seems plenty big for a 2 guard in the Summit League. About the only guard I can think of with a back-to-the-basket game in the Summit Leagues is Konchar from IPFW. I think the bigger concern is Hunter's defense in general which seemed to be lacking last year. Hunter seemed like more of a scoring guard last year anyway so seems like he's a better fit at the 2 than he is at the 1. But who knows... these guys should be developing from last year to this year so hopefully he can improve his defense and his turnover rate.

I've said it before but I think a lineup of Shahid/Hunter/Ward/Eady/Geu would be real fun to watch if they could hold their own on the boards.
    I THINK......
    PG Shahid---looks most dynamic PG Bison have had since LA---speed, quicks, and jumper
    SG Ward--IMPROVE shot selection--guess probably gets impatient in Richman's offense as why wants to shoot each time he touches it
    SF Eady--could be MOST IMPROVED player--really excited to see him play
    PF ROCKY---not sure HOW he doesn't get 25 plus minutes---NOW find ways to get him the ball--pick n pop---post up opportunities---not stand opposite ball on block
    C Geu--can help on boards and protect rim---has to have learned defense by now---TOO ATHLETIC to limit minutes because has mental lapses anymore RICHMAN

This needs to be the starting 5 - or thier best lineup

Starting 5 should be:
    Shahid
    Hunter
    Eady
    Ward
    Kreuser

2 ball handlers who can distribute, drive, and score. 2 wings who can shoot and slash. and Kreuser who has really come along ways from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    This needs to be the starting 5 - or thier best lineup

Starting 5 should be:
    Shahid
    Hunter
    Eady
    Ward
    Kreuser

2 ball handlers who can distribute, drive, and score. 2 wings who can shoot and slash. and Kreuser who has really come along ways from last year.
    Not sure why Jared has been starting. I love his cold blooded mentality when he comes off the bench. I am not sure if the starting lineup was changed while in the Bahamas. Looking forward to the boys getting back to the SHAC for some hoops.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Yes, Jared should not be starting. Sometimes Daves lineups are very questionable.

Cam Freakin Hunter put up 30 points on USC got beraded by richman after the game and went into a shell.

take the shackles off Cam Hunter.... Vinnie hasnt proven anything yet.

Let Cam play!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    There are going to be lots of changes for next season so who do you have starting and who will be the top guys off the bench?

Point Guard
    Shahid
    Hunter

Shooting Guard
    Samuelson
    Horn (if determined eligible)
    Cook
    Knotek

Small Forward
    Ward
    Quayle
    Eady

Power Forward
    Gue
    Kreuser

Center
    Wilson
    Meidinger

Plus one more late signing potentially in the rotation. Here’s who I have penciled in:

Starters
    1: Shahid
    2: Cook
    3: Ward
    4: Kreuser
    5: Geu

Off the bench (in order of most minutes):
    1) Hunter
    2) Horn
    3) Meidinger
    4) Eady
    5) Samuelson/Quayle

Redshirts
    Knotek
    Wilson
    Guess you didn't see Samuelson starting and playing 22mpg

Default Re: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

Injury update on sophomore guard Cam Hunter

Jeff Culhane
    @jeffculhane

David Richman tells us tonight on @Bison1660 that Cameron Hunter fractured his left wrist at Gonzaga. Out 6 weeks. Tough break, literally, for @NDSUmbb.

7:59 PM - Nov 28, 2018