Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
Interesting news from yesterday that I missed. Captains, as voted on by the team, on a senior-less roster are juniors Jared Samuelson and Vinnie Shahid. Shahid is a JUCO transfer that has been with the program "about 3 or 4 months" according to Richman: http://www.wday.com/sports/basketbal...hahid-captains

Seems increasingly likely that Shahid will be the starting PG from day one. Slide Hunter over to the 2 and Ward down to the 3. Only question is how do they handle the 4/5? I would love to see them play Deng at the 5 and go small but we'll see.
I agree I think Shahid will start, I don't think Hunter will however, he's too small to play the 2 spot against most teams. I think he'll see plenty of playing time as a backup PG but I don't think he starts. I think it'll be Shahid, Ward, Eady, Geu and Rocky in the starting lineup unless a guy like Cook, Horn or Griesel comes in and really impresses to replace Eady in the starting lineup. Richman tends to prefer experience though so I think the above is the most likely.