Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

Default Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

There are going to be lots of changes for next season so who do you have starting and who will be the top guys off the bench?

Point Guard
    Shahid
    Hunter

Shooting Guard
    Samuelson
    Horn (if determined eligible)
    Cook
    Knotek

Small Forward
    Ward
    Quayle
    Eady

Power Forward
    Gue
    Kreuser

Center
    Wilson
    Meidinger

Plus one more late signing potentially in the rotation. Here’s who I have penciled in:

Starters
    1: Shahid
    2: Cook
    3: Ward
    4: Kreuser
    5: Geu

Off the bench (in order of most minutes):
    1) Hunter
    2) Horn
    3) Meidinger
    4) Eady
    5) Samuelson/Quayle

Redshirts
    Knotek
    Wilson

Default Re: Starting Lineup Predictions for ‘18-‘19

I think we need to embrace the small ball movement, I liked Eady a ton as a recruit and I've heard good things. Not saying this will happen out of the gate but...

Shahid
    Cook
    Eady
    Ward
    Geu/Rocky

6th man: Hunter

I don't really like playing Rocky and Gue together, I'm not sure we have enough depth to do so. Meidinger was very raw coming out of high school and has battled some injuries, kind of wondering where he is at in his development.

I would love to go uber athletic, get after it on defense and try to gear up the pace.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Hunter
    Cook
    Ward
    Geu
    Kreuser

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Hunter
    Cook
    Ward
    Geu
    Kreuser
    This is also my projection, I think Shahid as the 6th man is great for rotations and Eady can come in to play the 3/4. I don't know where Meidinger is in his development either but I don't think we can afford to redshirt Wilson, not unless we sign a JUCO big before then. I think a redshirt year for him to transform his body from more of a football body to a basketball body would be huge for him but we just don't have the depth to do so right now.

We will be more versatile next year and should be able to score in more ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    This is also my projection, I think Shahid as the 6th man is great for rotations and Eady can come in to play the 3/4. I don't know where Meidinger is in his development either but I don't think we can afford to redshirt Wilson, not unless we sign a JUCO big before then. I think a redshirt year for him to transform his body from more of a football body to a basketball body would be huge for him but we just don't have the depth to do so right now.
    Wilson was probably told that good chance hed play rifht away. Just a guess.

Hunter
    Vinny
    Ward
    Wilson
    Kreuser

Darius Cook 1st off bench
    Eady 2nd off bench
    Geu 1st big off bench

I wanna big Fast Fast and FASTER... push the ball, Total Revamp.. that's what we need.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Vinny
    Cook
    Ward
    Eady
    Geu or Kreuser.

Geu/Kreuser will be fun and both play a ton, both having ability to play the 4 as well. Eady is going to be good. Cam will play a ton as most guards are now combo guards and the offense will have to reflect our change in athleticism. This team can go. I think "Bigs" will redshirt. This team at least looks fun. God last year was a bad dream. NOthing fun about watching that team play. Is it bad to want a kid to smile or show some emotion? Someone tell the crowd to stand up. My goodness it is a game. EVERYONE could use a smile. I want Griesel to be a part of this special young nucleus.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I haven't paid attention to basketball recruiting... fill me in who are Shahi, Horn, and Cook?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I haven't paid attention to basketball recruiting... fill me in who are Shahi, Horn, and Cook?
    Shahid: juco PG
    Cook: tF 2/3
    Horn: transfer from Sienna, plays the 2/3, Might be eligible this year or might have to sit a year