Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Starting Lineup Predictions for 18-19

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Interesting news from yesterday that I missed. Captains, as voted on by the team, on a senior-less roster are juniors Jared Samuelson and Vinnie Shahid. Shahid is a JUCO transfer that has been with the program "about 3 or 4 months" according to Richman: http://www.wday.com/sports/basketbal...hahid-captains

Seems increasingly likely that Shahid will be the starting PG from day one. Slide Hunter over to the 2 and Ward down to the 3. Only question is how do they handle the 4/5? I would love to see them play Deng at the 5 and go small but we'll see.
    I agree I think Shahid will start, I don't think Hunter will however, he's too small to play the 2 spot against most teams. I think he'll see plenty of playing time as a backup PG but I don't think he starts. I think it'll be Shahid, Ward, Eady, Geu and Rocky in the starting lineup unless a guy like Cook, Horn or Griesel comes in and really impresses to replace Eady in the starting lineup. Richman tends to prefer experience though so I think the above is the most likely.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Richman tends to prefer experience though so I think the above is the most likely.
    Yep, it takes a couple of years to master the weave-n-chuck offense.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I agree I think Shahid will start, I don't think Hunter will however, he's too small to play the 2 spot against most teams. I think he'll see plenty of playing time as a backup PG but I don't think he starts. I think it'll be Shahid, Ward, Eady, Geu and Rocky in the starting lineup unless a guy like Cook, Horn or Griesel comes in and really impresses to replace Eady in the starting lineup. Richman tends to prefer experience though so I think the above is the most likely.
    Hunter is listed at 6'3". That seems plenty big for a 2 guard in the Summit League. About the only guard I can think of with a back-to-the-basket game in the Summit Leagues is Konchar from IPFW. I think the bigger concern is Hunter's defense in general which seemed to be lacking last year. Hunter seemed like more of a scoring guard last year anyway so seems like he's a better fit at the 2 than he is at the 1. But who knows... these guys should be developing from last year to this year so hopefully he can improve his defense and his turnover rate.

I've said it before but I think a lineup of Shahid/Hunter/Ward/Eady/Geu would be real fun to watch if they could hold their own on the boards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hunter is listed at 6'3". That seems plenty big for a 2 guard in the Summit League. About the only guard I can think of with a back-to-the-basket game in the Summit Leagues is Konchar from IPFW. I think the bigger concern is Hunter's defense in general which seemed to be lacking last year. Hunter seemed like more of a scoring guard last year anyway so seems like he's a better fit at the 2 than he is at the 1. But who knows... these guys should be developing from last year to this year so hopefully he can improve his defense and his turnover rate.

I've said it before but I think a lineup of Shahid/Hunter/Ward/Eady/Geu would be real fun to watch if they could hold their own on the boards.
    I THINK......
    PG Shahid---looks most dynamic PG Bison have had since LA---speed, quicks, and jumper
    SG Ward--IMPROVE shot selection--guess probably gets impatient in Richman's offense as why wants to shoot each time he touches it
    SF Eady--could be MOST IMPROVED player--really excited to see him play
    PF ROCKY---not sure HOW he doesn't get 25 plus minutes---NOW find ways to get him the ball--pick n pop---post up opportunities---not stand opposite ball on block
    C Geu--can help on boards and protect rim---has to have learned defense by now---TOO ATHLETIC to limit minutes because has mental lapses anymore RICHMAN