Hey WrestleStat fans!

The website has been transitioned to the 2019 season. Go ahead and start updating starters to who they are projected to be for the upcoming season.

Couple things to note:

PreSeason rankings are NOT just the 2018 end of season rankings, less seniors. Since the algorithm has been updated, ALL rankings for every season have been run through the new algorithm, but ONLY the 2019 preseason values were updated. The reason for that is two-fold:
1) Since those other seasons are done, it doesn't make sense to go back and change them, and
2) It would take upwards of almost 8 hours of processing to run through the 100 weeks (5 seasons X ~20 weeks per season) of rankings that would need to be done in the production database

There are no enhancements that come with this release. I'm working on MASSIVE changes to the website, but that code is not ready to be deployed. There are major look-and-feel/theme changes where I have to update every single page on the site, as well as architectural changes like making a schools conference season-specific since we have schools adding/dropping programs or changing conferences on a yearly basis, so it's going to take probably the entire summer.

Now's the best time to get any requests in for modifications/enhancements to the site that aren't already known. Sometime in the future I'll develop a page that will show exactly what I'm working on so it's more transparent...but in the meantime, just send me or obrats a message and will get it added if it's not already on the list. Some examples of changes: "can the site open the videos of matches directly in the site, instead of navigating over to YouTube.com", or "use a voting system for the upcoming, potential feature matches instead of just a yes/no toggle", or "add a chat feature to the dual comparison and box score pages for comments about a specific dual or tournament".

Lastly, if there are any schools that have added or dropped wrestling, or wrestlers that have transferred that aren't reflected on the site yet, please either reply, or send a message to myself or obrats and we can get those changes made.

That's all for now!

https://www.wrestlestat.com