Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick DeLuca - Miami Dolphins

Default Re: Nick DeLuca - Tennessee Titans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Cant believe he signed with the Titans when so many NFL teams have a lot of open competitions at LB. Deluca is as good a college player as a number of former successful Bison defenders in the NFL and NFL past. Seems he has been a bit Misguided by somebody in his inner circle. It would be VERY surprising to see him make the practice team as a TE. Hopefully somebody is working the phones on his behalf, maybe through past coaching tree's etc.... ?
    Totally disagree, if anything this move gives him a much better chance of making the 53 man. Titans have Walker and Stocker at TE, neither much for special teams. Realistically, DeLuca is gonna make his name on ST, at least his rookie year. Learning TE will probably be more for an emergency situation.

Generally rookie FA's make a team as depth at position, in this case linebacker as he is NOT a TE, and special teams. If he is not a TE come first or final cuts he isn't going to stick around as a special teams player only. 53 man rosters are TIGHT and 3rd string TE projects aren't very desireable. Wish him well as he is good enough to fill in a linebacker roster spot with another team. TE will be his 'kiss of death".

Generally rookie FA's make a team as depth at position, in this case linebacker as he is NOT a TE, and special teams. If he is not a TE come first or final cuts he isn't going to stick around as a special teams player only. 53 man rosters are TIGHT and 3rd string TE projects aren't very desireable. Wish him well as he is good enough to fill in a linebacker roster spot with another team. TE will be his 'kiss of death".
    Sadly I agree. You don't just quickly learn a new position in the NFL where everyone is polished. Nick has to learn basics like stances and footwork while the other guys will be working on learning the playbook. Who knows but I will be shocked if he makes the team at TE. Best case scenario is practice squad.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cant believe he signed with the Titans when so many NFL teams have a lot of open competitions at LB. Deluca is as good a college player as a number of former successful Bison defenders in the NFL and NFL past. Seems he has been a bit Misguided by somebody in his inner circle. It would be VERY surprising to see him make the practice team as a TE. Hopefully somebody is working the phones on his behalf, maybe through past coaching tree's etc.... ?
    I would be surprised to see him in the NFL at all with how his movement has declined since his soph year.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    I would be surprised to see him in the NFL at all with how his movement has declined since his soph year.
    Nick was bitten by the bad luck bug and had way too many injuries.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Agreed, Deluca was NFL talent all the way through his Sophmore year. I know its tough for an FCS player to jump early but I could "possibly" see Jabril Cox make the move early as I think he is going to be that good!! Pending any injury he will be the best defensive player in the FCS this year. Coming from NDSU would give him a chance early as the Bison have a history of producing NFL talents. This game is so violent I credit players for going early if they think they are ready.

Agreed, Deluca was NFL talent all the way through his Sophmore year. I know its tough for an FCS player to jump early but I could "possibly" see Jabril Cox make the move early as I think he is going to be that good!! Pending any injury he will be the best defensive player in the FCS this year. Coming from NDSU would give him a chance early as the Bison have a history of producing NFL talents. This game is so violent I credit players for going early if they think they are ready.
    I mentioned her after the Natty game that he may be our first player to declare early—so with you on that point.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Im mad that I didnt get drafted

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Got waived.

Deluca was cut by the Titans this morning.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/ti...ive-two-others