Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick DeLuca - Miami Dolphins

Default Re: Nick DeLuca - Tennessee Titans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Not so much his stock as his ablility to move. He used to run really well, not so much anymore.
    He scored within the top half of linebackers at the combine for 40, 3 cone and shuttle. I don't think that's the case.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He scored within the top half of linebackers at the combine for 40, 3 cone and shuttle. I don't think that's the case.
    It would appear that the NFL agrees with me and not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    His combine was terrible and theres no way to sugar coat it. Some categories were solid but he was at the bottom of many categories.
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker

That doesn't mean hes not fast but the reality is the NFL puts way too much stock into the combine and players who are a projected 5th round pick will drop dramatically after a bad combine. 1st rounders have dropped to the 2nd or 3rd round after bad combines and workouts. History shows some of the best players had bad combines.

I think it's a mix of a lingering knee, not having track experience, bad team to sign with, and injury question marks. NFL teams dont like the risk of someone who is injured frequently and Nick had a shoulder and knee. It's not his fault but shitty luck

Nick will get a shot because he is a great player and hes fast enough for a middle linebacker. You would think his knee would be fine by now. It's been months. I am rooting for him big time. All it takes is a few injuries and he will get a shkt. The path is never easy. How many times did it look like Marcus, Billy Turner, and CJ were done. Still hanging around.

Now check out Chris Boards combine numbers. He did the same camp as Nick.

Board had a good combine, hadnt been injured, peaked his senior year, and signed with what appears to be a good team. Hes not a lock to make the roster but its promising.

https://m.herosports.com/nfl-draft/f...arks-2018-ajaj
    Last edited by HerdBot; 08-14-2018 at 07:55 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    His combine was terrible and theres no way to sugar coat it. Some categories were solid but he was at the bottom of many categories.
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/tracker

That doesn't mean hes not fast but the reality is the NFL puts way too much stock into the combine and players who are a projected 5th round pick will drop dramatically after a bad combine. 1st rounders have dropped to the 2nd or 3rd round after bad combines and workouts. History shows some of the best players had bad combines.

I think it's a mix of a lingering knee, not having track experience, bad team to sign with, and injury question marks. NFL teams dont like the risk of someone who is injured frequently and Nick had a shoulder and knee. It's not his fault but shitty luck

Nick will get a shot because he is a great player and hes fast enough for a middle linebacker. You would think his knee would be fine by now. It's been months. I am rooting for him big time. All it takes is a few injuries and he will get a shkt. The path is never easy. How many times did it look like Marcus, Billy Turner, and CJ were done. Still hanging around.

Now check out Chris Boards combine numbers. He did the same camp as Nick.

Board had a good combine, hadnt been injured, peaked his senior year, and signed with what appears to be a good team. Hes not a lock to make the roster but its promising.

https://m.herosports.com/nfl-draft/f...arks-2018-ajaj
    Problem is, many teams will view him as already having a shot. He is already a crazy long shot at this point, Gabe, as painful as this is to admit, this is like when Brock Jensen was waived.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Problem is, many teams will view him as already having a shot. He is already a crazy long shot at this point, Gabe, as painful as this is to admit, this is like when Brock Jensen was waived.
    I wouldn't go that far. Hopefully this is closer to Marcus getting dropped by the Texans than Brock with Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Hopefully this is closer to Marcus getting dropped by the Texans than Brock with Miami.
    I'm afraid Thesocalledfan is probably closer to reality on this one but I guess that's just my opinion. He was a long shot from the start after injuries and going undrafted. Sometimes we have to step back and admit that even some of the greatest NDSU players won't be NFL players. It's ok.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    It would appear that the NFL agrees with me and not you.
    Totally agree. He never was close to his old self after the injury. He had trouble changing direction on the open field. Missed several tackles because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Totally agree. He never was close to his old self after the injury. He had trouble changing direction on the open field. Missed several tackles because of it.

The specifics of his knee injury I don't think were every really clarified. Hopefully he just hasn't recovered fully but maybe the extend or just the timing was really bad luck. I still hope he gets another shot but agree it's a tough road for a UDFA.

Reason I don't think the Brock comparison is accurate is Brock never really displayed the skills necessary to make it at his position in the NFL. He was always a long shot or a project as an NFL QB. Nick had the talent but it seems his injury slowed him down a step an it's unknown if he'll ever get it back.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post

That's what I saw out on the field as well. It sucks because he was so good before the knee injury.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The specifics of his knee injury I don't think were every really clarified. Hopefully he just hasn't recovered fully but maybe the extend or just the timing was really bad luck. I still hope he gets another shot but agree it's a tough road for a UDFA.

Reason I don't think the Brock comparison is accurate is Brock never really displayed the skills necessary to make it at his position in the NFL. He was always a long shot or a project as an NFL QB. Nick had the talent but it seems his injury slowed him down a step an it's unknown if he'll ever get it back.
    Your point is solid. My point is being an early waive as an UDFA does not end well, almost ever. Much like Brock.