Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick DeLuca - Miami Dolphins

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nick DeLuca - Tennessee Titans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think it was the combine. Everything appeared to be going great until the combine. The question is did he run slow due to injury or is he just not a good combine player? He had never run track or anything. Bench press has nothing to do with a knee but anyone knows that a guy with long arms isnt going to dominate the bench press. But Nick did well at the 3 cone drill which shows his knee is probably just fine.
    Have his combine numbers handy? and a knee injury could/should affect your bench press

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Have his combine numbers handy? and a knee injury could/should affect your bench press
    Comparing Nick and Kyle

Nick DeLuca (ILB)
    HEIGHT 6' 3"
    WEIGHT 251 lbs
    ARMS 32 3/4”
    HANDS 10 1/4”
    Combine Results
    40 Yard Dash 4.85 SECONDS
    Bench Press 18 REPS
    Vertical Jump 29.5 INCHES
    Broad Jump 112.0 INCHES
    3 Cone Drill 7.09 SECONDS
    20 Yd Shuttle 4.23 SECONDS

Kyle Emanuel (OLB)
    HT: 6'3" WT: 255LBS.
    POSITION: OLB
    ARM LENGTH: 31"
    HANDS: 9 3/8"
    COMBINE STATS
    40 YARD DASH: 4.77 SEC
    BENCH PRESS: 27 REPS
    VERTICAL JUMP: 34.0 INCH
    BROAD JUMP: 120.0 INCH
    3 CONE DRILL: 7.10 SEC
    20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.25 SEC
    60 YARD SHUTTLE: 11.78 SEC

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was listening to Fantasy Football Weekly 2 Saturdays ago now. They brought up Jerrick McKinnon who had a very good 40 time at the combine but they said that he had been analyzed as having a very normal to below normal 40 time with pads on. It was an interesting take that I'm sure has crossed everyone's mind. How do the pads affect your speed? Also do some guys have more of a competitive spirit that makes them much faster when going against others rather than running solo? I wonder if this is something that they are able to do with all players or if it is only possible with guys who get the ball in open space?

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    Me neither... I’ve also been thinking about Kyle Emanuel vs Deluca as LBs. Is the current Deluca slower than Emanuel? I have no idea. What separates Emanuel from Deluca as LBs? Maybe it’s simply the injuries/current health status.
    Obviously something separates them. One has been starting and was drafted in the NFL and the other is UDFA that got converted. They probably saw some big flaws in DeLuca for the LB position and attempted to try anything to salvage his talent. He got his chance and it didn't work out and now it's time for him to look for another.

DeLuca has gotten really banged up over the years in college.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    Obviously something separates them. One has been starting and was drafted in the NFL and the other is UDFA that got converted. They probably saw some big flaws in DeLuca for the LB position and attempted to try anything to salvage his talent. He got his chance and it didn't work out and now it's time for him to look for another.

DeLuca has gotten really banged up over the years in college.
    Kyles stock rose after thr combine. Nick's fell after the combine. Kyle had experience as he ran track in high school and was pretty good at it. Nick had never run track before and you just dont learn that in a couple months. Nick is also kind of a tweener, like Kyle. Hes a good sized MLB but also kind of a DE build with the long arms and 6-3 height. That's why TE was a spot they considered.

As far as injuries, Nick was unlucky. Separated shoulder. Knee. Kyle missed zero time and he played in 61 games, put up monster stats, and killed it at the combine

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Question to me will always be how much did injuries hurt his stock?
    I was ridiculed by all you when I wrote on Bisonville that Nick Deluca should've declared Pro after his Sophomore year... and ill say the same thing about Jabril Cox.. He should've listened to me. Sad really. Dude was 1 of the best MLB NDSU ever had , him and Travis Beck not playing 1 snap in the NFL is 1 of NDSU's greatest travesty's
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If you look at those combine numbers bot shared they suggest that even though Deluca's physical numbers look better(longer reach, hand size) the performance numbers show Kyle being a better athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If you look at those combine numbers bot shared they suggest that even though Deluca's physical numbers look better(longer reach, hand size) the performance numbers show Kyle being a better athlete.
    With the question being how much do those combine numbers translate to on field performance between the two.

Pretty hard not to see how bad luck in the timing of injuries hurt ND compared to KE. Margins are so thin at making it in the NFL already. Hard to overcome poorly timed injuries. Hopefully he gets another shot somewhere if he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    With the question being how much do those combine numbers translate to on field performance between the two.

Pretty hard not to see how bad luck in the timing of injuries hurt ND compared to KE. Margins are so thin at making it in the NFL already. Hard to overcome poorly timed injuries. Hopefully he gets another shot somewhere if he wants it.
    Agreed

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Question to me will always be how much did injuries hurt his stock?
    Not so much his stock as his ablility to move. He used to run really well, not so much anymore.