Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick DeLuca - Miami Dolphins

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nick DeLuca - Tennessee Titans!!!

Unless he didn't get any other offers, Nick made a mistake by choosing the Titans. The team already spent two early picks on linebackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Agree. One has to wonder what coach and management staff were telling Deluca and his representation before he signed. The move to TE at this level makes no sense. Incompetent coaching?
    There are too many good TEs around that they could pick up to try and train up an LB who has lost a step. I cant imagine a coach from the Titans having this on his wish list.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Unless he didn't get any other offers, Nick made a mistake by choosing the Titans. The team already spent two early picks on linebackers.
    Yep. Not a good choice but maybe it was his only option. I think Nick will get another opportunity at his real position. He just needs to wait it out. Players get injured daily. You dont want to learn another position in the NFL. Nobody wants to take a chance on a project with no experience at TE unless they have crazy speed or athleticism, which they have combine numbers that say he doesnt. Linebacker is his ticket and fuck Tennessee

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Question to me will always be how much did injuries hurt his stock?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Question to me will always be how much did injuries hurt his stock?
    I think it was the combine. Everything appeared to be going great until the combine. The question is did he run slow due to injury or is he just not a good combine player? He had never run track or anything. Bench press has nothing to do with a knee but anyone knows that a guy with long arms isnt going to dominate the bench press. But Nick did well at the 3 cone drill which shows his knee is probably just fine.

You take a guy like Kyle Emanuel who did run track in high school and he killed it at the combine.

Did Nick get the dreaded "injury prone" label?

2 years ago he is on the Butkus list. Hes off to a great start and shuts down after Iowa. Only 3 games of stats.

Starts off the season on the Butkus list. Misses 2 games. Has a good season but not dominant statistics

Goes to the senior bowl and gets rave reviews.

Goes to the combine and under performed. Then you start seeing scouting reports that hes a liability in coverage which is total bullshit

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

The NFL is looking for faster LB every year. The traditional larger MLB role is going the way of the dodo as the NFL is more and more a passing league. Teams need LB's who can cover TE's and RB's as receiving threats more then run stuffers. Let's face it Nick was never the fastest LB and the injury's didn't help him any. Still hope he gets another shot and can stick as a backup guy if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The NFL is looking for faster LB every year. The traditional larger MLB role is going the way of the dodo as the NFL is more and more a passing league. Teams need LB's who can cover TE's and RB's as receiving threats more then run stuffers. Let's face it Nick was never the fastest LB and the injury's didn't help him any. Still hope he gets another shot and can stick as a backup guy if nothing else.
    True the old school middle linebacker is a thing of the past but what blows me away is Nick is great in coverage. I've always thought of that as his strong suit. But I guess in the eyes of the NFL, his 40 doesnt lie even though its obvious on film he can run fast.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    True the old school middle linebacker is a thing of the past but what blows me away is Nick is great in coverage. I've always thought of that as his strong suit. But I guess in the eyes of the NFL, his 40 doesnt lie even though its obvious on film he can run fast.
    I really think the injuries caught up with him.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree. Unfortunately, that happens with some guys. Hopefully he can hang on for a while.

Hes had the 5 months to get his body right but at the time of the combine, it may have been an issue