Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick DeLuca - Miami Dolphins

Default Re: Nick DeLuca - Tennessee Titans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    That's what I saw out on the field as well. It sucks because he was so good before the knee injury.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. Watching the replays of games and you can tell he really lost his quickness at getting the angles and filling gaps after the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The specifics of his knee injury I don't think were every really clarified. Hopefully he just hasn't recovered fully but maybe the extend or just the timing was really bad luck. I still hope he gets another shot but agree it's a tough road for a UDFA.

Reason I don't think the Brock comparison is accurate is Brock never really displayed the skills necessary to make it at his position in the NFL. He was always a long shot or a project as an NFL QB. Nick had the talent but it seems his injury slowed him down a step an it's unknown if he'll ever get it back.
    I think people are forgetting that there was some hype surrounding Brock signing with Miami. I remember articles and positive chances at the signing. I also recall he received an above average UDFA signing bonus. It just came crashing down fast when he was cut within 2 weeks, and they kept a Northern Colorado QB over him.
    Last edited by yopaulie; 08-14-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. Hopefully this is closer to Marcus getting dropped by the Texans than Brock with Miami.
    Did Brock move to a position he had never played? I think Nick will get a shot at linebacker because hes a great linebacker and his knee should be good now.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I think people are forgetting that there was some hype surrounding Brock signing with Miami. I remember articles and positive chances at the signing. I also recall he received an above average USDA signing bonus. It just came crashing down fast when he was cut within 2 weeks, and they kept a Northern Colorado QB over him.
    Brock never had the physical tools to be an NFL QB. Nick has/had the tools to be a 3 down LB in the NFL.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Brock never had the physical tools to be an NFL QB. Nick has/had the tools to be a 3 down LB in the NFL.
    Had. The way he moved as a soph would get the job done.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

NDSU puts some miles on linebackers.

Lardsin must go!

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    NDSU connection doesn't hurt.

Hell yeah. Congrats Nick

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Glad to see Nick get another chance. What is the linebacker situation at Jacksonville? Do they play a middle linebacker much? What does their depth / health at linebacker look like?