Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Brent Vigen, QB whisperer

Default Re: Brent Vigen, QB whisperer

I think that Brent is a potential HC for the Bison when Klieman leaves.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I think he would be a great candidate, however, we have built our dynasties on defense, therefore, I would like to see a defense guy take the helm. Not to say Brent wouldn't be a welcomed addition. We have really lost our offensive identity since he left, would be nice to see it restored.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Could be, though he might get a bigger FBS coordinator position first, which would probably supersede being a Bison head coach. Unless Brent really wants a head coaching gig, then a stint as HC of the Bison might be the right move for him.

As far as defensive vs offensive minded coaches... I think Brent gets it. As long as he has a solid DC with him, he'd do great, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    I think he would be a great candidate, however, we have built our dynasties on defense, therefore, I would like to see a defense guy take the helm. Not to say Brent wouldn't be a welcomed addition. We have really lost our offensive identity since he left, would be nice to see it restored.
    You can't be serious...

Messingham has moved us back to a more balanced set than Vigen ever had us at.

Vigen vs Polasek? I'll agree there.

Please tell me this is a joke or that you may have some form of facts to back this up. Our offense was is and has been amazing. As much as our defense is basically the best ever, our offense has been terrific. Yards per play, points per game, controlling time of possession, etc. I couldn't be much happier. Mess has been awesome. We are LOADED on offense.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Just go back when Brent was OC his first few years. Bisonville was ready to boot him out of town.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Mudra...anyone know what his thing was?

Ron Erhardt was an offensive guy.

Don Morton was an offense guy.

Not sure on Earle. His wikipedia page is brief lol

Nothing wrong with hiring offensive dudes. You can play good defense and offense. It's a thing.
    College of Business Alumnus

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When given the opportunity to remain loyal to Bison football in a Natty or screw the team at playoff time and jump to another program, he jumped.

His Bison QB legacy is Jensen, not Wentz (not that Jensen is a deficient legacy). Wentz is a Hedberg product. Vigen may have OC qualities, but I remain skeptical he has critical HC qualities.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Could be, though he might get a bigger FBS coordinator position first, which would probably supersede being a Bison head coach. Unless Brent really wants a head coaching gig, then a stint as HC of the Bison might be the right move for him.

As far as defensive vs offensive minded coaches... I think Brent gets it. As long as he has a solid DC with him, he'd do great, I think.
    His name hasn’t ever been even mentioned in passing for an FBS position—gotta be a reason for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

“Vigen sucks” -OC for wins over Minnesota, Coloroado St, Kansas St, and 3 national championship teams.
    “ Polasek sucks” -OC for wins over Iowa St, Iowa, and 1 national championship team.
    -Waiting to eventually hear from the “Messingham sucks” crowd since he was the OC of a national championship team. I swear this is the only fanbase that is disappointed with successful coaches! Ha!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN