Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Brent Vigen, QB whisperer

Default Re: Brent Vigen, QB whisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Just go back when Brent was OC his first few years. Bisonville was ready to boot him out of town.
    I am no fan of Vigen. And I see a lot of the same horseshit play calling in Wyoming from him. It would be depressing to see him comeback and HC.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I am no fan of Vigen. And I see a lot of the same horseshit play calling in Wyoming from him. It would be depressing to see him comeback and HC.
    What is horse shit about his play calling?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    What is horse shit about his play calling?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I've watched a lot of Wyoming games this last year. He did a pretty damn poor job. During his best years here, the Bison could typically gain 4-5 yards on 1st down. Vigen was able to do a variety of things in 2nd and 3rd. It worked really well for Vigen, culminated by the 2013 season.

Now Imagine the Cowboys only getting 1-2 yards running on every 1st down (not necessarily Vigen's fault), but Vigen calling plays the exact same way for entire games with no adjustments at all. That was pretty much all last season even though he had Josh Allen. It pretty much felt like all the games Wyoming won last year were Josh overcoming Vigen's stubbornness to get a running game going at all costs. And he stayed locked into giving a converted linebacker carries 50 percent of the time when another running back was clearly better. I was pretty surprised by it all.

I would love to see Hazelton back here at some point though.

Scottie H next move will be to the NFL IMO....
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    Neither am I , but somehow he found a way to win againt SDSU we havent seen the marker after he left, which is sad.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Neither am I , but somehow he found a way to win againt SDSU we havent seen the marker after he left, which is sad.
    May want to check on that...

And maybe give us an update on what your NFL sources are saying about Easton these days.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    sorry but your wrong, we retained the marker in 14 and 15! lost it in 16 with a last second play at the end, then curb stomped them in the playoffs! They do still have it yes, but it took a 5 turnover game from us last year for them to keep it. Which was on us not the play calling. It will be back this year!!!