Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Daum to NBA

Default Re: Daum to NBA

Daum has already redshirted...and like it or not, the NBA can look down on a kid who is going to be already probably about 23 when drafted. NBA is all about potential. Very few seniors get drafted, let alone a kid who has redshirted. NBA likes to take a chance on a kid, they may feel Daum is who he is. I personally feel he will be successful IF...IF...he goes to the correct situation. A very good team can put him in a situation to succeed. He may suck with a lesser team who expects to much out of him. Same can be said about a lot of potential picks, but his ability to score is unique.

During this process, he will be exposed to a lot of promises...etc. I am also not sure what else he could prove at SDSU in one more year. Other than shattering some personal records. He has done it all. The more I think about it, he may bolt. I still think he is doing the right thing by testing the waters. Tons of kids do it.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Agree. It boils down to can you guard someone 1 on 1 and can you create your own shot
    a lot of NBA players are can't do one of these, some are even max $$ guys. I haven't watched Daum play much at all, but I figure he'll be bad at both of these.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    a lot of NBA players are can't do one of these, some are even max $$ guys. I haven't watched Daum play much at all, but I figure he'll be bad at both of these.
    I think Daum has a shot to make a roster in todays NBA on the right team i.e. Jazz. Teams like the Jazz that move the ball and give outside shooters good looks would be a decent fit for him. A team like the Twolves would not be a good fit cause the coaching sucks and is pure iso ball. I agree with Burgundy he might as well test the waters as he really has nothing left to prove after four years. I think a normal person would do the same in that situation.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Braun Wolters and Daum all on Jazz D Leage team........

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

am I the only one who doesn't care about Daum?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    am I the only one who doesn't care about Daum?
    Fair enough, but until he leaves SDSU, they are a huge favorite and a team we cannot and have not beaten with him. If he leaves, the Summit is wide open. With Paul graduating, Mooney grad transferring and potentially Daum leaving....things become wide open in the very average summit. Plus, I still think that Fort Wayne loses their stud, who I cannot remember his name. The guy who has led the league in assists and rebounds before...which is amazing. Kid is so tough.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Fair enough, but until he leaves SDSU, they are a huge favorite and a team we cannot and have not beaten with him. If he leaves, the Summit is wide open. With Paul graduating, Mooney grad transferring and potentially Daum leaving....things become wide open in the very average summit. Plus, I still think that Fort Wayne loses their stud, who I cannot remember his name. The guy who has led the league in assists and rebounds before...which is amazing. Kid is so tough.
    I agree it leaves the league open, but some fans hoping Daum leaves to give NDSU a chance is funny, we should be striving to get better and improve our kids and recruiting rather than hope other teams lose kids. Much like a lot of our FB fans give other schools crap about us.

Rise up to their level not hope they fall down to ours in BBall, does no good for the league in the long run.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Fort Wayne loses their guard Scott, but John Konchar is back and will be the Summit Leagues best player if Daum leaves. Daum has a chance because because he is a big who can flat out shoot. There are always a few teams looking for a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I agree it leaves the league open, but some fans hoping Daum leaves to give NDSU a chance is funny, we should be striving to get better and improve our kids and recruiting rather than hope other teams lose kids. Much like a lot of our FB fans give other schools crap about us.

Rise up to their level not hope they fall down to ours in BBall, does no good for the league in the long run.
    When a team in the Summit has a Mike Daum type dude it's very difficult up rise to their level.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    When a team in the Summit has a Mike Daum type dude it's very difficult up rise to their level.
    Yeah ok, hes got SDSU where? No higher than NDSU has been