Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Daum to NBA

Default Re: Daum to NBA

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Bingo.. Id never leave if not round 1. I know it would shock some people but an SDSU education is actually a good thing.
    Totally agree.

So glad I didn't declare early.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Totally agree.

So glad I didn't declare early.
    Not me, all I've ever wanted to be is an expiring contract in the NBA. Those guys make millions and nobody wants them around their facility.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

When was the last time a player left at the Summit league early for the draft? Anyone know?

Daum is thr best Summit player I’ve seen by a large margin, but who knows how that’ll translate. Hope he gone!

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    When was the last time a player left at the Summit league early for the draft? Anyone know?

Daum is thr best Summit player I’ve seen by a large margin, but who knows how that’ll translate. Hope he gone!
    Doubt he's better than George Hill... At least from what I've seen. But Hill didn't leave early....

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Doubt he's better than George Hill... At least from what I've seen. But Hill didn't leave early....

He is far superior scorer

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I think he will get drafted ... next year and not round one. Maybe have a short career as a bench player and then play overseas. He's just too slow and not athletic enough. Watch the guys in the NBA, they are total freaks. There is a very small percentage of humans that can do what they do at that level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Agree. It boils down to can you guard someone 1 on 1 and can you create your own shot

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

Although he played 4 years, he still had a year of eligibility left after he left. Medical hardship his Jr year when he got injured

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I say all of this because he flat out is a liability defensively and I don’t see that changing.... he can score....a maybe average passer.... doesn’t play above the rim.... if he thinks he will get drafted at all he should go as... he isn’t all of a sudden gonna become more athletic to be better defensively
    And start playing above the rim
    You just described Kevin Love. Oh, but I guess Love has that *sick* outlet pass. Daum is a less-athletic Kevin Love.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I definitely agree that Daum isn't quite on George Hill's level, that guy was a ridiculously talented scorer in the Summit and that has carried over fairly well to the NBA. Honestly all I'm hoping from this is that along the way in his prep for the draft NBA scouts keep telling him he should grad transfer to a stronger conference so they can see him play all year against better competition to improve his NBA draft chances, NBA, G-League, overseas or grad transfer I could care less where he goes, just out of the Summit League would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I definitely agree that Daum isn't quite on George Hill's level, that guy was a ridiculously talented scorer in the Summit and that has carried over fairly well to the NBA. Honestly all I'm hoping from this is that along the way in his prep for the draft NBA scouts keep telling him he should grad transfer to a stronger conference so they can see him play all year against better competition to improve his NBA draft chances, NBA, G-League, overseas or grad transfer I could care less where he goes, just out of the Summit League would be nice.
    Agreed, staying in the Summit will not help his NBA stock. Now things going for him to stay would be a chance to become a 3,000 point scorer at SDSU. Not many make it over 2,000 points and very very few make it over 3,000 points. Time will tell what he decides.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.