Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daum to NBA

Default Re: Daum to NBA

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    1st sound picks are guaranteed contacts. Round 2 is not. 2nd sound picks often get cut but it's still a good opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Really?????

The early withdrawal deadline for the NBA draft is June 11th, so Daum has plenty of time to gain workout experience before needing to declare his final intention, no lose situation for him. That being said, I have yet to see him show up in a mock draft or a top-100 list. Will go look again to see if that has changed since his game against The Ohio State.

Edit: ESPN has Daum ranked #77
    The draft is 2 rounds, with 60 players chosen.

I think he will get drafted ... next year and not round one. Maybe have a short career as a bench player and then play overseas. He's just too slow and not athletic enough. Watch the guys in the NBA, they are total freaks. There is a very small percentage of humans that can do what they do at that level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 04-21-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Daum is a poor mans Kevin Love.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    1st sound picks are guaranteed contacts. Round 2 is not. 2nd sound picks often get cut but it's still a good opportunity.

Money talks and bullshit walks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Bingo.. Id never leave if not round 1. I know it would shock some people but an SDSU education is actually a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    The early withdrawal deadline for the NBA draft is June 11th, so Daum has plenty of time to gain workout experience before needing to declare his final intention, no lose situation for him. That being said, I have yet to see him show up in a mock draft or a top-100 list. Will go look again to see if that has changed since his game against The Ohio State.

Edit: ESPN has Daum ranked #77
    The draft is 2 rounds, with 60 players chosen.
    Bingo again. Why would anyone think he will make NBA? (I am praying everyone realizes the relatively low level of play in the summit to NBA level.)

By the way all my comments are only pertinent in forgoing a senior year at SDSU. I'd be all for him doing whatever he needed to do after he graduates.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I think he will get drafted ... next year and not round one. Maybe have a short career as a bench player and then play overseas. He's just too slow and not athletic enough. Watch the guys in the NBA, they are total freaks. There is a very small percentage of humans that can do what they do at that level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    You don't see many big men shoot the three like he does. That's what makes him unique. I could see him being a low 1st rounder but probably not this year. As a Bison fan I was hoping last year was his senior year so if he goes pro, I am all for it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

He should have transferred since he needs more games against high level competition, zero chance he goes in the first round, this year's draft is especially deep so not even getting drafted is possible. If he decides to enter the draft, I wish him luck but he better be ready to enjoy the G-League.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Bingo.. Id never leave if not round 1. I know it would shock some people but an SDSU education is actually a good thing.
    He already has 4 yrs he has to be a minimum of 80% complete and what you would or wouldn’t do doesn’t really matter.... another one of your hot-takes I guess
    But if he is drafted he should probably go.... no guarantee he would get drafted higher or at all after another year the draft is such a fluid thing

I say all of this because he flat out is a liability defensively and I don’t see that changing.... he can score....a maybe average passer.... doesn’t play above the rim.... if he thinks he will get drafted at all he should go as... he isn’t all of a sudden gonna become more athletic to be better defensively
    And start playing above the rim