Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Daum to NBA

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Daum to NBA

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    When was the last time a player left at the Summit league early for the draft? Anyone know?

Daum is thr best Summit player I’ve seen by a large margin, but who knows how that’ll translate. Hope he gone!
    Did you forget about George Hill??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the bison were in the conference for a year of his playing career ...... career wise Daum averages 4 more points 4 more rebounds 2 less assists best season wise is very similar.... so how would you say George hill is that much better? It’s like the argument who has been NDSU’S best qb..... hard to argue best college career isn’t Brock Jensen.... or maybe after this year Easton stick..... but many get caught up in what Carson is doing in the nfl..... and he actually only started 22 games.... so hard to call him ndsu’s best and I think to say George hill was more dominant in the summit is like saying Carson had a better college career then Brock

The major difference between Daum and Hill is defense, Hill is a significantly better defender. It is why Hill has had a long and successful NBA career and Daum is likely going to struggle.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Who was the other SDSU player who played in the NBA. It been like just a couple of years ago.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Who was the other SDSU player who played in the NBA. It been like just a couple of years ago.
    Nate Wolters
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Daum is a poor man's version of Dougie McBuckets

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Nate Wolters
    Thats it. So Daum is better than Wolters?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats it. So Daum is better than Wolters?
    Probably, at least in regards to the college game.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Daum is a completely-broke-man-who-lives-in-a-cardboard-box-under-a-collapsing-bridge-in-Somalia's version of Lebron James.

He'll be back. The NBA isn't going anywhere and he's not going to improve or regress much (barring injury) so might as well take that extra year of scholarship money and high quality SDSU jersey chasers and try his luck next year.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Actually the bison were in the conference for a year of his playing career ...... career wise Daum averages 4 more points 4 more rebounds 2 less assists best season wise is very similar.... so how would you say George hill is that much better? It’s like the argument who has been NDSU’S best qb..... hard to argue best college career isn’t Brock Jensen.... or maybe after this year Easton stick..... but many get caught up in what Carson is doing in the nfl..... and he actually only started 22 games.... so hard to call him ndsu’s best and I think to say George hill was more dominant in the summit is like saying Carson had a better college career then Brock
    https://youtu.be/5EOwQaOGEjo

Granted completely different player but do not see this type of athleticism out of Daum, especially the ones he created out of his own defense. Still remember when he put one down on us in the old BSA. The only dunk that comes close to equalling it that I saw live was the put back dunk by Trayvon against USD. Tray probably had a few more that I saw replays of.

Maybe Daum is a scorer but I don't know if he will be successful going against true NBA defenders. But pure athleticism I don't think he comes close to Hill overall.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.