Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Daum to NBA

Default Re: Daum to NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Fair enough, but until he leaves SDSU, they are a huge favorite and a team we cannot and have not beaten with him. If he leaves, the Summit is wide open. With Paul graduating, Mooney grad transferring and potentially Daum leaving....things become wide open in the very average summit. Plus, I still think that Fort Wayne loses their stud, who I cannot remember his name. The guy who has led the league in assists and rebounds before...which is amazing. Kid is so tough.
    You have inside info on Konchar? Fingers crossed he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    https://youtu.be/5EOwQaOGEjo

Granted completely different player but do not see this type of athleticism out of Daum, especially the ones he created out of his own defense. Still remember when he put one down on us in the old BSA. The only dunk that comes close to equalling it that I saw live was the put back dunk by Trayvon against USD. Tray probably had a few more that I saw replays of.

Maybe Daum is a scorer but I don't know if he will be successful going against true NBA defenders. But pure athleticism I don't think he comes close to Hill overall.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Numbers don’t lie athletic ability is not the only thing that makes up a basketball player.... how many championships did th Celtics win with bird mcHale Walton they were out athletes everytime on the court

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Numbers don’t lie athletic ability is not the only thing that makes up a basketball player.... how many championships did th Celtics win with bird mcHale Walton they were out athletes everytime on the court
    So Daum is Bird/Mchale/Walton equivalent???

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Bird was an athlete. I think you need to research his highlights. The guy flat out said in many interviews that he felt disrespected when the opposing team put a white guy on him to defend him. Seriously.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    You have inside info on Konchar? Fingers crossed he leaves.
    I've seen nothing on the Konchar front but Bryson Scott and Xavier Taylor were both seniors so their best scorer and big man are both gone already. I saw they brought in a JUCO guard that's supposed to be pretty good but can't imagine he's as good as Scott. If Konchar gets a great opportunity I could see him leaving, I'm just not sure he's high up on the grad transfer radar.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I've seen nothing on the Konchar front but Bryson Scott and Xavier Taylor were both seniors so their best scorer and big man are both gone already. I saw they brought in a JUCO guard that's supposed to be pretty good but can't imagine he's as good as Scott. If Konchar gets a great opportunity I could see him leaving, I'm just not sure he's high up on the grad transfer radar.
    Konchar has "old man game". I think he could be a contributor on virtually any team in the country. He's a complete player who's incredibly efficient but doesn't do anything that's all that flashy. I've heard talk that Mooney is among the most coveted grad transfers in the nation but, personally, I'd rather have Konchar on my team. He just does so many things well and makes everyone around him better.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    So Daum is Bird/Mchale/Walton equivalent???
    Not what I said.... he has significantly better numbers then hill.... not as athletic but better numbers equals better player

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Bird was an athlete. I think you need to research his highlights. The guy flat out said in many interviews that he felt disrespected when the opposing team put a white guy on him to defend him. Seriously.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    He was not as athletic as most he played against I grew up watching him and have watched clips of his highlights....his hrs and hrs in the gym show.... he was never the most athletic small forward in the nba and it wasn’t close
    So in the 80’s you had the dr, James worthy, Wilkins and drexler....cmon man

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    I agree it leaves the league open, but some fans hoping Daum leaves to give NDSU a chance is funny, we should be striving to get better and improve our kids and recruiting rather than hope other teams lose kids. Much like a lot of our FB fans give other schools crap about us.

Rise up to their level not hope they fall down to ours in BBall, does no good for the league in the long run.
    I agree with this. I hope Daum stays at SDSU, and I hope SDSU has another Daum/Wolters talent already in the pipeline. Iron sharpens iron.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    I agree with this. I hope Daum stays at SDSU, and I hope SDSU has another Daum/Wolters talent already in the pipeline. Iron sharpens iron.
    No thanks. SDSU’s iron sharpens, our iron dulls. I’m tired of losing to SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.