Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

Default Re: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I wonder what Klieman actually wants? I mean, who says he isn't 100% happy what he's doing now and how much he is making? I mean he has a pretty sweet gig right here with a great fan base, program, and town that idolizes him. Pretty good job security.
    I know his family is very important to him and they love Fargo. I think he stays until his kids are thru school at least.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Kansas State.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    That's a good guess, I think possibly Iowa also. How much longer can Ferentz last? He'll be 63 this year, Hawkeye fans I listened to after NDSU beat them were pretty upset with the contract extension he had just gotten days before the game. But I am sure you are right, Taylor will look at Chris hard.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The top ones are in that 1 to 1.75 range if my memory serves me correctly. I would say it the most surefire way to a top shelf P5 program. Say you bring a top 5 defense to the table for 3-4 years straight, with his personality, and the past record of being a highly successful head coach. Right now he is 50 years old. A lot of things could line up pretty quickly for him with the right moves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Don't know the date of this USA Today article, but you are correct for the top 20 coordinators.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ball/assistant

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    That's a good guess, I think possibly Iowa also. How much longer can Ferentz last? He'll be 63 this year, Hawkeye fans I listened to after NDSU beat them were pretty upset with the contract extension he had just gotten days before the game. But I am sure you are right, Taylor will look at Chris hard.
    Ferentz's kid is the OC at Iowa; pretty sure he will eventually be head coach in waiting, no matter what hawkeye fans want. I've read the situation is similar at K-State; Synder wants his son Sean to be the next coach, some think he would step aside now if that would be guaranteed by administration. That whole thing could turn into a mess for GT in the near future.

Iowa State fans are currently in love with Matt Campbell, and supported the team heavily even when they were winning 3 games a year under Rhodes. Campbell just got a decent pay bump, and they continue to invest in facilities and assistant salaries. Young coach with a very young family that loves Ames. I think the only places he leaves for would be Ohio St/Michigan/Michigan St (grew up there and recruits it hard). Doesn't rule out him being interested in getting 6 mil a year from someplace desperate in the future, but he's said all the right things in his time in Ames for far.

Kleiman would be a good candidate for HC at lots of schools, but a jump to a high level DC might be more likely. How many recent P5 head coaching hires have been 50+ years old?

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Ferentz's kid is the OC at Iowa; pretty sure he will eventually be head coach in waiting, no matter what hawkeye fans want. I've read the situation is similar at K-State; Synder wants his son Sean to be the next coach, some think he would step aside now if that would be guaranteed by administration. That whole thing could turn into a mess for GT in the near future.

Iowa State fans are currently in love with Matt Campbell, and supported the team heavily even when they were winning 3 games a year under Rhodes. Campbell just got a decent pay bump, and they continue to invest in facilities and assistant salaries. Young coach with a very young family that loves Ames. I think the only places he leaves for would be Ohio St/Michigan/Michigan St (grew up there and recruits it hard). Doesn't rule out him being interested in getting 6 mil a year from someplace desperate in the future, but he's said all the right things in his time in Ames for far.

Kleiman would be a good candidate for HC at lots of schools, but a jump to a high level DC might be more likely. How many recent P5 head coaching hires have been 50+ years old?
    From what little I've read, it sounds unlikely that the K-State admin would ever guarantee the younger Snyder as the heir apparent. Its more likely that the senior Snyder would retire (some year) in late summer and get Sean set up as the interim and hope he can put a winning season together and make it hard for the admin to justify a national search. K-State would be an awesome fit for Klieman but it seems like reach. Just my opinion.

As we saw with Bohl, it's tricky to hire a successful HC from the FCS because he will likely be in the middle of playoffs or gearing up for them when the higher level school is hiring and we know that December and January are crucial recruiting periods and no one wants to be without a HC at that time.

That's why I think a DC position is more likely, a new HC can wait on getting a new DC longer than a school can wait on getting a HC.

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post

While there certainly has been a wave of young guys getting a shot, I don't think anyone would be afraid of a guy who is 50 something. It seems you get 2 seasons to show you aren't overwhelmed. A 3rd season to start winning with some of your recruits. After that, it is year to year. These admins are worried about this fall more than if their guy is going to be there in 25 years. It doesn't matter the age, it matters if a guy can do these three things 1. Win, 2. Recruit, 3. Keep the program out of trouble.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Klieman's have a daughter that is a sophomore. Tough age to move a high school kid. So based on that fact, I could see 2 more years until she graduates.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Klieman's have a daughter that is a sophomore. Tough age to move a high school kid. So based on that fact, I could see 2 more years until she graduates.
    And getting 4 years of paid college is a nice side benefit too. That's at least an extra 20 grand per year per kid

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    And getting 4 years of paid college is a nice side benefit too. That's at least an extra 20 grand per year per kid
    That he would get at any college coaching job he would take so not really relevant.