Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

The contract announcement on STATS reminded me of one interesting, actually the more I think about it, irritating, factoid. Klieman has been a three time finalist for the Eddie Robinson Award but has never won it. WTH? Bohl won it back to back after winning second and third natty. I suppose, but am just guessing, that the voters think Klieman is just a caretaker and it is easy to keep a dynasty going. I doubt he cares, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that he deserves to win it.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...04826878257604

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    $150k for the buyout is chump change. Don't think this is going to scare off and poaching at all.
    325 base
    75k media
    25k speaking fee
    10k - 8 wins
    10k conference champ
    15 3 playoff home games
    15k frisco win (10k friisco loss)
    +50 longevity bonus end of year

car, tuition, camps,

We could pay him a million and that's not going to stop a power 5 school. The buyout clause means nothing when an offer is pushing a million bucks. I'm not concerned about power 5 because that's out of our control, but we want to narrow the gap from the G5 schools.

What's more meaningful is budgeting for a bigger number so we can attract some great candidates. Can't rely on a buyout.

We're in the same ballpark as Mac, Sunbelt, and lower tiered Mountain West. But all the other schools could offer some huge raises we could never compete with. That's why I would love to see us get in the 750k figure.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's pretty awesome for this level but I was hoping it would be more than 500k. It would be cool to see us do the UNI booster strategy where they gave their basketball coach a huge raise. Could Teammakers ever be in a position to pony up some cash? Would rather do it proactively instead of waiting for an offer and then reacting to it.
    You realize that the contract that Jake has there is absolutely killing UNI correct?
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    You realize that the contract that Jake has there is absolutely killing UNI correct?
    That's all private donations that cover his salary. 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    That's all private donations that cover his salary. 100%.
    UNI Basketball, Ben Jacobson gets 900K but the only reason that's happening is because of donations by the boosters.

UNI Football flat out can't afford to pay Farley what he gets. It eats up such a large chunk that the assistant coaches get mediocre pay and that's why they change coaches like most people change underwear. UNI Football doesn't generate as much revenue as NDSU football does either so that's understandable.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Anyone know what Bohl's buyout was?

Buyouts don't matter at this level. Coaches won't sign if it's too high and there really isn't any amount that would deter a P5 school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Buyouts don't matter at this level. Coaches won't sign if it's too high and there really isn't any amount that would deter a P5 school.
    I'm actually concerned that he HASNT been poached yet. probably just another reason the rest of the country views NDSU as being in the wrong division... you know this is true!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

325 base
    75k media
    25k speaking fee
    10k - 8 wins
    10k conference champ
    15 3 playoff home games
    15k frisco win (10k friisco loss)
    +50 longevity bonus end of year

car, tuition, camps,

We could pay him a million and that's not going to stop a power 5 school. The buyout clause means nothing when an offer is pushing a million bucks. I'm not concerned about power 5 because that's out of our control, but we want to narrow the gap from the G5 schools.

What's more meaningful is budgeting for a bigger number so we can attract some great candidates. Can't rely on a buyout.

We're in the same ballpark as Mac, Sunbelt, and lower tiered Mountain West. But all the other schools could offer some huge raises we could never compete with. That's why I would love to see us get in the 750k figure.

Does his base make him the highest paid state employee?
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

That's pretty awesome for this level but I was hoping it would be more than 500k. It would be cool to see us do the UNI booster strategy where they gave their basketball coach a huge raise. Could Teammakers ever be in a position to pony up some cash? Would rather do it proactively instead of waiting for an offer and then reacting to it.
    Yes, if they would stop paying for scholarships for non-revenue sports.