Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    That he would get at any college coaching job he would take so not really relevant.

One of the speculations why he stayed when Bohl left was his son was about the same age as his daughter is now. He is at a lot of her events when not on the road with the bison. Mom is active at the school.

So when he says family is important, he has creditibility in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    One of the speculations why he stayed when Bohl left was his son was about the same age as his daughter is now. He is at a lot of her events when not on the road with the bison. Mom is active at the school.

So when he says family is important, he has creditibility in that regard.
    Being offered the head coaching job I'm sure was huge.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    That he would get at any college coaching job he would take so not really relevant.
    Assuming your adult children move with you it is. Covers all the metro schools. I think Bohls son went to MSUM so while he was in Fargo, it was probably paid for

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Assuming your adult children move with you it is. Covers all the metro schools. I think Bohls son went to MSUM so while he was in Fargo, it was probably paid for
    Didnt Aaron Bohl go there on a FB scholarship he lived in Lincoln?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Didnt Aaron Bohl go there on a FB scholarship he lived in Lincoln?
    Cant remember.Back then the Dragons only offered like a dozen scholarships split up over a full roster so the odds of it being a full ride was basically zero

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    And getting 4 years of paid college is a nice side benefit too. That's at least an extra 20 grand per year per kid
    Would his kids really get full tuition? Or would he just get the employee perk?
    Employees get 1/2 off tuition. I would never complain about any tuition break that my kids got, I am grateful for that, but those fees and such were killers.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Would his kids really get full tuition? Or would he just get the employee perk?
    Employees get 1/2 off tuition. I would never complain about any tuition break that my kids got, I am grateful for that, but those fees and such were killers.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That’s one way to keep them. I imagine most schools do this.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Its the natural cycle that comes from success, one leaves for a bigger job so hire from within the system to keep things rolling. No man is bigger than the program. I'm sure the Bison would hire a current assistant to step in and that person would retain who they can from those who don't follow CK. The only real risk I could see is if NDSU hired the HC from outside the current staff, and I don't think that would happen. "Coaching Tree" as they say!

I personally do not care if the next coach is from within. I hope they open up the job nationally. this is a GREAT JOB! What if a high major coordinator applied? Shouldn't we listen? Sometimes we have someone on staff that is more than ready (Saul Phillips/Chris Klieman), and sometimes it backfires. Just a thought. I don't think it would be stupid to see who applies. Let our inside guys also apply.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.