Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

Default Re: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

It's entirely possible that Larson got the impression that Klieman will fulfill his contract without needing a high buyout. It would seem to be absolute incompetence to make it that low unless intentional.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't know, you'd have to ask him but even $1M isn't going to deter the P5.
    Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    No it won't, but if we got a higher buyout at least we'd be compensated for having to go through the hiring process. I think it should have been way higher than $150,000
    Exactly, if P5 school is going to pay $150K as easily as they would pay $1M, well I'd rather have $1M.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw an old 2012 NDSU playoff game. The announcers were talking about how Bohl had just signed a new long term contract and how much Bohl loved Fargo. The assumption was that he would be here a long time. Well we all know that lasted a year. My friend, a Wyoming fan, recently told me Bohl was saying virtually the same thing now how he just loved living in Wyoming and how he figured Bohl would be there a really long time. I told him that give Bohl two good years and he's gone.

These contracts don't mean a whole lot as to how long coaches will be here.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe CK wants a 4th Title to top Bohl in the record books before he heads out anywhere? maybe he thinks he can do it in 2 years if not next year...the possible theories are endless!!

ha, just glad they are paying the coaches, guys work hard to keep this program the top in the country, its awesome what they do and the dedication is unmatched

I think Klieman will wait for the right job. I definitely thought Bohl wouldn't take a job like Wyoming, but maybe that was on a shortlist for him, who knows. Also, Klieman and Bohl are very different.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    ...My friend, a Wyoming fan, recently told me Bohl was saying virtually the same thing now how he just loved living in Wyoming and how he figured Bohl would be there a really long time. I told him that give Bohl two good years and he's gone.
    Bohl would leave for a better head coaching job offer if one came. If I were to guess, I'd guess Bohl won't be getting such an offer before he's ready to retire. He's had a couple good years at Wyoming with an NFL caliber QB at the helm. If he can keep the same level of success or improve upon it the next couple years, he might have a shot at a better offer. But the guy will be 60 in July. I don't think he'll be bouncing around for any lateral moves or assistant positions before retirement.

Of course, I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice before.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Bohl would leave for a better head coaching job offer if one came. If I were to guess, I'd guess Bohl won't be getting such an offer before he's ready to retire. He's had a couple good years at Wyoming with an NFL caliber QB at the helm. If he can keep the same level of success or improve upon it the next couple years, he might have a shot at a better offer. But the guy will be 60 in July. I don't think he'll be bouncing around for any lateral moves or assistant positions before retirement.

Of course, I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice before.
    Bohls got a pretty good situation. Mediocre expectations in an impossible place to recruit to... and really high pay!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Call me cynical but i believe they would all leave for the right paycheck. I just hope we have a good plan in place for that day and that everybody is on speaking terms this time.

My prediction is that Klieman has a year left at NDSU. Hope I'm wrong.

I wonder if we'll hire from within...or find someone who'll come back.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    My prediction is that Klieman has a year left at NDSU. Hope I'm wrong.

I wonder if we'll hire from within...or find someone who'll come back.
    Hiring from within depends of course on who goes with Klieman, and as far as someone coming back, who would be a good candidate for that?