Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Coach Kleiman Contract Extension through 2023

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Kansas State might be a good call...or would they hire Bohl instead?
    What about Sean Snyder? Wasn't he supposed to take over after Bill Snyder was done coaching?

Like to see him go out on an offer as a D coordinator to a premier P5 school. Better chance the majority of staff stays in place.

I've said this before. He saw what taking the big job did to his mentor Terry Allen. Sometimes the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
    Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    How long is Matt Campbell going to be in Ames?
    ISU would be a very good fit. Id imagine hed be high on KSUs list after next season when Snyder likely leaves

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    What about Sean Snyder? Wasn't he supposed to take over after Bill Snyder was done coaching?
    I'm guessing Bill will retire 1 or 2 games into the season and Sean will step into the temporary position with a chance to prove himself the rest of the season. Of course, I thought the same thing last year at this time...
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Like to see him go out on an offer as a D coordinator to a premier P5 school. Better chance the majority of staff stays in place.
    I have been pretty vocal about this prediction, as well. CK is one of the most brilliant defensive minds in all of college football. You know in coaching circles they know this.

I could see him being a top shelf P5 program's DC. 3-5 years and he becomes the next big name on everyone's shortlist. With the way success has followed him every step of the way as a coach on the defensive side, this becomes as viable as going G5 HC first. He shows fantastic success at the highest college level and has successful HC experience.

Bohl had to take his route because his strength is executive leadership. There is no way he is successful as a DC as he has been turning UW into a respectable football program.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    How that battle between Gene and Bill pans out will be interesting.

I feel with Gene’s history with Klieman and KSU not appearing to be a program that relies on dirty/cheating tactics to get recruits, it would be a great fit in my opinion.

In regards to Bohl, I thought this would the type of job he would have waited for before leaving NDSU. However, time (his age) and opportunities were not in alignment. Even though he had family history with the state, I hated seeing him end up in Wyoming. Regardless of their conference and athletic budget, I felt they were a lateral move at best. Unfortunately, when opportunity knocks on your door and your time is limited, you have to take what you can get.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I have been pretty vocal about this prediction, as well. CK is one of the most brilliant defensive minds in all of college football. You know in coaching circles they know this.

I could see him being a top shelf P5 program's DC. 3-5 years and he becomes the next big name on everyone's shortlist. With the way success has followed him every step of the way as a coach on the defensive side, this becomes as viable as going G5 HC first. He shows fantastic success at the highest college level and has successful HC experience.

Bohl had to take his route because his strength is executive leadership. There is no way he is successful as a DC as he has been turning UW into a respectable football program.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Agree 100% with that assessment. Anything can and still might happen though but whereas I doubt Bohl would have left for anything other than a HC position, it is a distinct possibility for Klieman.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Klieman will leave at some point and move on to bigger and better things. Hopefully he learned from Bohl and does a better job of handling it. Simultaneously running your current program and setting up your next gig wouldn't be easy.

I wonder what Klieman actually wants? I mean, who says he isn't 100% happy what he's doing now and how much he is making? I mean he has a pretty sweet gig right here with a great fan base, program, and town that idolizes him. Pretty good job security.