Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Schedule

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Good chance to get some regional teams to play in a cool venue. The real reason I assume is to have a test run for the basketball setup for the final 4. See and problems that may arise and fix them before the big show. Much like last years St Johns/St Thomas football game at Target Field before the big show with the Bison next year.
    Yes, this is why. It's going to be a terrible atmosphere but still should be a cool experience. Evening games so I assume they won't be putting up the new $5 million blackout curtains on the roof that the NCAA is requiring for the Final Four.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Yes, this is why. It's going to be a terrible atmosphere but still should be a cool experience. Evening games so I assume they won't be putting up the new $5 million blackout curtains on the roof that the NCAA is requiring for the Final Four.

One of those events where 75% of the people in the stands are watching the big screen.

Any word if any of us lowly mid majors get paid for these games? Or, are we doing it out of the goodness of our hearts for the almighty gophers?

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Moose View Post
    Any word if any of us lowly mid majors get paid for these games? Or, are we doing it out of the goodness of our hearts for the almighty gophers?
    the final four is going to be at US Bank stadium this season. Its obvious theyre trial running it with 4 games to work out the kinks, usually these stadiums host a certain region of the NCAA tournament before its a Final Four host...but USBS is going right to the top.

Giving it a "gopher classic" name to it makes it sound professional since Gophers/Oklahoma St is the marquee game in the UofM's back yard.

I dont think basketball has ever been played inside of it.

Conference Schedule is out...

12/28: USD
    12/30: Fort Wayne
    1/2: @Omaha
    1/10: WIU
    1/16: @Denver
    1/19: UND
    1/24: @SDSU
    1/26: @ORU
    2/2: @WIU
    2/6: @UND
    2/9: Denver
    2/14: ORU
    2/16: SDSU
    2/23: Omaha
    2/28: @USD
    3/2: @Fort Wayne

Both UND and SDSU home games are on Saturday, not during break so maybe the league is figuring out how to schedule.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...xqmzyu1ysix1cg
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Conference Schedule is out...

12/28: USD
    12/30: Fort Wayne
    1/2: @Omaha
    1/10: WIU
    1/16: @Denver
    1/19: UND
    1/24: @SDSU
    1/26: @ORU
    2/2: @WIU
    2/6: @UND
    2/9: Denver
    2/14: ORU
    2/16: SDSU
    2/23: Omaha
    2/28: @USD
    3/2: @Fort Wayne

Both UND and SDSU home games are on Saturday, not during break so maybe the league is figuring out how to schedule.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...xqmzyu1ysix1cg
    UND & SDSU home games finally look good, should be great atmosphere for both of those games but this schedule is all over the place. We really need to get back to having 10 teams in the league to make the schedule more consistent.

One home game on Friday, one on Sunday, two on Thursday and four on Saturday.

533 In a row

Anybody have the time to put together the complete home schedule thus far for the entire season? Perhaps on a calendar or at least put the day of the week behind the date... Maybe if I get some time tonight I'll do it myself, but if someone has a quick way to do it, it'd be appreciated. Would greatly increase my chances of getting the wife back on board for renewing tickets.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tuesday 11/6: @New Mexico State(Summit-WAC Challenge) - Season Opener
    Sunday 11/11: UC Santa Barbara
    Friday-Sunday 11/16-18: @Bahamas Classic(Loyola Chicago, Towson, Pepperdine, Incarnate Word,Georgia Southern, Florida Atlantic and Miami-OH)
    Monday 11/26: @Gonzaga
    Saturday 12/1: vs. Drake @ US Bank Stadium
    Monday 12/3: @Iowa State
    Saturday 12/8: Eastern Washington(Summit League-Big Sky Challenge Series)
    Saturday 12/15: Missouri State
    Monday 12/17: @Montana(Summit League-Big Sky Challenge Series)
    Friday 12/28: USD
    Sunday 12/30: Fort Wayne
    Wednesday 1/2: @Omaha
    Thursday 1/10: WIU
    Wednesday 1/16: @Denver
    Saturday 1/19: UND
    Thursday 1/24: @SDSU
    Saturday 1/26: @ORU
    Saturday 2/2: @WIU
    Wednesday 2/6: @UND
    Saturday 2/9: Denver
    Thursday 2/14: ORU
    Saturday 2/16: SDSU
    Saturday 2/23: Omaha
    Thursday 2/28: @USD
    Saturday 3/2: @Fort Wayne

All home games currently scheduled will be played Thursday-Sunday with a majority of those on Saturdays. Should definitely help attendance not having those early/mid week games we had last year. Looks like we are at 27 games so far, we've had 29 or 30 games pretty much every season so I would expect to see a couple more added plus an exhibition game, liking the schedule a lot this year.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's really good to see two Valley teams on there and the ISU and Gonzaga games. A little jealous of the SDSU-UNI game, but at least we got Drake there.

This schedule looks much better than past years.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.