Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2018-2019 Schedule

Default Re: 2018-2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I do not, yes he was a great player but his attitude on the court seemed to affect everyone playing. I feel like our team chemistry is actually much improved this year, just trying to imagine how much better it could be with a coach that would set them up for success and not scowl for entire games at a time.
    I always thought Paul Miller was kind of a problem child but as time goes on and I sour more on Richman I'm not so sure it wasn't due to Richman constantly preaching to him that made him that way. I'm not saying you need to coddle your players but you need to understand that one coaching style isn't going to resonate and be effective with every player. I get the feeling that coach and player both had a very stubborn mentality about doing things "my way" in that scenario and it could not have been more abrasive towards each other.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I always thought Paul Miller was kind of a problem child but as time goes on and I sour more on Richman I'm not so sure it wasn't due to Richman constantly preaching to him that made him that way. I'm not saying you need to coddle your players but you need to understand that one coaching style isn't going to resonate and be effective with every player. I get the feeling that coach and player both had a very stubborn mentality about doing things "my way" in that scenario and it could not have been more abrasive towards each other.
    Oh 100% Richman was part of the problem and I rooted hard for the kid while he was here but as good as he was he let his emotions get the best of him too often and it affected the rest of the team on the court. Miss his talent, not his attitude

WIU will be playing back to back days after Und game moved to Fri.

Road game with the F'Hawkers this Wednesday. A win will give us a 3-1 record for the 4 game road swing. That would be impressive. After Wednesday game, the next 4 games are at home. Could really make a statement in the next 5 games on the schedule. Finish up with two on the road before tourney time. Take each game as they come and close them out boys.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Tater Tot Hotdish in the concession stand Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!That will draw the fans in. Who does not love a good Tater Tot Hotdish.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Tater Tot Hotdish in the concession stand Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!That will draw the fans in. Who does not love a good Tater Tot Hotdish.
    This is genius!

Summit League - Horizon League Showdown Series

Looks like these games will start during the 2020-2021 season.

Gives the Bison one home game each season against a Horizon League team.

http://horizonleague.org/news/2019/3...t-in-2020.aspx

Each member of the Horizon League and The Summit League will have a home and an away game against two different programs from the other league in each of those three seasons. The Summit League will find a school outside of its membership to be the 10th opponent for the Horizon League.
    Brian Shawn
    @BShawnMidcoSN

Very interesting scheduling alliance announced as The Summit League and Horizon League will begin a three-year 'Showdown Series' in 2020. Match-ups will be based on three criteria: projected team rankings, a 3‐year RPI/NET average, and the latest Ken Pom Efficiency Rating
    Wright State
    Northern Kentucky
    Oakland
    Green Bay
    UIC
    Youngstown State
    Detroit Mercy
    IUPUI
    Cleveland State
    Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Summit League - Horizon League Showdown Series

Looks like these games will start during the 2020-2021 season.

Gives the Bison one home game each season against a Horizon League team.

http://horizonleague.org/news/2019/3...t-in-2020.aspx

Wright State
    Northern Kentucky
    Oakland
    Green Bay
    UIC
    Youngstown State
    Detroit Mercy
    IUPUI
    Cleveland State
    Milwaukee
    I like this type of showdown. Gives everyone games that are needed . Winnable games vs getting your ass handed to you by Gonzaga on their floor