Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

Default Re: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

Is DirecTV still have the games on sports pack?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Is DirecTV still have the games on sports pack?
    Pulled this from the DirecTV website:

College sports fans, look no further.
    No matter the season, tune in to get your college sports fix. ESPN Goal Line channel brings you college football drama from every conference, and ESPN Bases Loaded presents the ultimate NCAA Baseball Championship viewing experience, . If that’s not enough NCAA excitement, ESPN College Extra immerses you in up to eight out-of-market college football and basketball games a week (Chs. 788–798).
    So I'm guessing yes.
    Hail the BISON!!!

So, we are speculating, yet no one has even posted what exactly the speculation is; all gabe said was they were not getting anything from ESPN which I though everyone knew already. I have always gotten espn3 through cable internet (midco) and sling TV. Has something changed?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, we are speculating, yet no one has even posted what exactly the speculation is; all gabe said was they were not getting anything from ESPN which I though everyone knew already. I have always gotten espn3 through cable internet (midco) and sling TV. Has something changed?
    Judging by the info here: https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/espn...espn3-to-espn/ it looks like it'll be ESPN+.

FTA:
    Not all ESPN3 games are moving over to ESPN+. It looks like it’s based on whether the conference signs up for ESPN+. For now we can confirm the following college conferences have agreed to move to ESPN+: America East, ASun, Big South, Big West, Horizon, Ivy League, MAAC, MAC, MEAC, Missouri Valley, NEC, Southern Conference, Southland, Summit League, Sun Belt, and the WAC.
    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The only plus side to this is if you're in a cable/satellite package only for ESPN channels, you're going to save some money downgrading and just paying for the ESPN+. Which with a lot of cord cutting, might be a win. Especially with canceling the subscription during the down season.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Judging by the info here: https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/espn...espn3-to-espn/ it looks like it'll be ESPN+.

FTA:

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Okay, then will I need to sign up for this, or is this ESPN+ included with other ESPN packages like on Sling TV?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Okay, then will I need to sign up for this, or is this ESPN+ included with other ESPN packages like on Sling TV?
    Everything I have seen said it is a standalone app that isn't integrated into the 'standard' packages. So you'd need to buy it on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Everything I have seen said it is a standalone app that isn't integrated into the 'standard' packages. So you'd need to buy it on its own.
    Bastards, but only $5/mo and cheaper than the old NDSU streaming prices. I'm fine with that; just wish the conference got some of the dough.

This is complete B.S. ESPN is pushing their WatchESPN/ESPN3 content towards ESPN+ to get some more revenue. Here's the catch, how many of those conferences that agreed to move to ESPN+ are named Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12, or PAC? You don't see the P5 or the better G5 conferences having their games sent to the ESPN pay service. I'm not giving ESPN a dime for this. Home games I am in the building. Road games, I suppose if they aren't on Midco I will turn on the radio or use a "free trial" then cancel.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

im just glad all of NDSU games are on local TV....but also the small fee for a couple months isnt all that bad and I will probably get it to watch other Valley teams play