Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

Default Re: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

I'm curious where ESPN goes with this. Right now, they are getting companies like Midco to pay for ESPN3 access on the ISP side, so doubt they'd want to cut off access on that side and lose that revenue from passive, non-users. So, honestly, I see this as a non-factor at least to start.

Yote53, you need to cut the cord. You are going to pay way less if the correct ala cart options. I've gone to the Sling Orange and Blue combined for $40/mo, and dropped my MLB and NHL subscriptions. But, I can teach you to "unlock" the wild, twins etc if you go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm curious where ESPN goes with this. Right now, they are getting companies like Midco to pay for ESPN3 access on the ISP side, so doubt they'd want to cut off access on that side and lose that revenue from passive, non-users. So, honestly, I see this as a non-factor at least to start.

Yote53, you need to cut the cord. You are going to pay way less if the correct ala cart options. I've gone to the Sling Orange and Blue combined for $40/mo, and dropped my MLB and NHL subscriptions. But, I can teach you to "unlock" the wild, twins etc if you go that route.
    Not looking to do anything that sketchy, I assume you are talking about kodi and accessing streams. I really only need for one service to pick up all the sports packages I consume and some of the stuff my wife wants. Right now Hulu Live is the closest. All they need to do is pick up MLB Network and NHL Network and I'm set for $40/month. That would give me everything I want, all the ESPNs, all the FS1s, NBCSN, CBS Sports, BTN, Fox Sports North, NHL and MLB. I can get USD games through ESPN3 on WatchESPN instead of Midco Sports, though this ESPN+ thing might screw that up. With the savings I would buy the MLB and NHL packages as they are only about $120 for the season, which is worth the money. My kids are pretty much 100% Netflix content as they have about 1 Billion cartoon series for kids.

No more renting HD DVR boxes or any of that other BS either. No more wires at all. Just plug in some Roku sticks and you're set. Two more station adds is all Hulu Live needs.

All of these TV people need to be careful. My oldest, in high school, literally, does not watch any TV. None. I will ask him if he watched such and such game and the response is always the same, "I saw the highlights on my phone." Although he's pretty busy as it is pretty much school, hockey, and homework so he doesn't really have time for TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Not looking to do anything that sketchy, I assume you are talking about kodi and accessing streams. I really only need for one service to pick up all the sports packages I consume and some of the stuff my wife wants. Right now Hulu Live is the closest. All they need to do is pick up MLB Network and NHL Network and I'm set for $40/month. That would give me everything I want, all the ESPNs, all the FS1s, NBCSN, CBS Sports, BTN, Fox Sports North, NHL and MLB. I can get USD games through ESPN3 on WatchESPN instead of Midco Sports, though this ESPN+ thing might screw that up. With the savings I would buy the MLB and NHL packages as they are only about $120 for the season, which is worth the money. My kids are pretty much 100% Netflix content as they have about 1 Billion cartoon series for kids.

No more renting HD DVR boxes or any of that other BS either. No more wires at all. Just plug in some Roku sticks and you're set. Two more station adds is all Hulu Live needs.

All of these TV people need to be careful. My oldest, in high school, literally, does not watch any TV. None. I will ask him if he watched such and such game and the response is always the same, "I saw the highlights on my phone." Although he's pretty busy as it is pretty much school, hockey, and homework so he doesn't really have time for TV.
    If you have not seen our thread, we have an extensive thread on cord cutting as many of us did it years ago. I really don't get what the cable and classic satellite companies are thinking as every time they raise the price, they encourage exactly what is killing them.

I will check it out, thanks.

Oh brother...here we go again.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Oh brother...here we go again.
    Ha, ha......but you are an anomaly that understands you can negotiate......can't even fight your logic even if I think you'll eventually join the masses!

But, I can teach you to "unlock" the wild, twins etc if you go that route.
    Are you still doing the international versions with dns blocking?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Ha, ha......but you are an anomaly that understands you can negotiate......can't even fight your logic even if I think you'll eventually join the masses!
    If it goes ruly ala carte and proves to be cheaper I am interested. But we shall see how things shake out.

Btw...I'm pretty sure 'masses' is not cord cutters yet. The Masses still have cable and satellite.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    If it goes ruly ala carte and proves to be cheaper I am interested. But we shall see how things shake out.

Btw...I'm pretty sure 'masses' is not cord cutters yet. The Masses still have cable and satellite.
    The masses generally are lazy and stupid too...so there's that.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    The masses generally are lazy and stupid too...so there's that.

Not disagreeing with that.