Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

Default Re: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

Comcast is getting hammered for this decision too. Checked Twitter and they are getting crucified by upset customers. Would not surprise me if they reversed their decision. Too late though, people are already leaving.

Bet they have shitty numbers early but its inevitable that they have to go this route. The main Espn channels will be included down the road. Will be interesting to see all the streaming networks 5-10 years from now.

I was listening to the MVFC conference call and the conference isnt getting a penny from ESPN. At least before it was readily available. Now it has less value.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was listening to the MVFC conference call and the conference isnt getting a penny from ESPN. At least before it was readily available. Now it has less value.
    Probably saving money by not paying fee to the rights holder in order to stream every game themselves. Probably would have to have a company Pluto (does the Big Sky games) do it for them.

That's my guess.

I don't think ESPN was making anything by streaming all the games for free on ESPN3 since they couldn't sell advertisement, but with ESPN+, their cash flow should be looking much better now.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I haven't been paying attention and I just discovered I'm going to have to subscribe to this bullshit.

Although I only have to do it Sept through December, it still pisses me off.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    what has changed with availability? Still better than just ND NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I haven't been paying attention and I just discovered I'm going to have to subscribe to this bullshit.

Although I only have to do it Sept through December, it still pisses me off.
    So it's confirmed ESPN3 even for people with cable TV subscriptions won't be carrying NDSU football games going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    So it's confirmed ESPN3 even for people with cable TV subscriptions won't be carrying NDSU football games going forward?
    Not confirmed, just reading the scuttlebutt so far. I'm going to the Cal Poly game so I'll figure it out for the next week if necessary.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Not confirmed, just reading the scuttlebutt so far. I'm going to the Cal Poly game so I'll figure it out for the next week if necessary.
    I'm in the same boat as you then.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    My guess is that Watch ESPN/ESPN3 will become ESPN+. Got to stop the money hemorrhaging in Bristol somehow is this is the right step for them.
    Hail the BISON!!!