Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

Default Re: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    This is complete B.S. ESPN is pushing their WatchESPN/ESPN3 content towards ESPN+ to get some more revenue. Here's the catch, how many of those conferences that agreed to move to ESPN+ are named Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12, or PAC? You don't see the P5 or the better G5 conferences having their games sent to the ESPN pay service. I'm not giving ESPN a dime for this. Home games I am in the building. Road games, I suppose if they aren't on Midco I will turn on the radio or use a "free trial" then cancel.
    I expect all of ESPN’s online content to be on the plus in the future. It’s the right move as they are getting killed financially.

In regards to the P5 conferences, you have to remember they already have broadcasting and streaming rights sold and are in high demand. This is why the Big 10 can have its own network and pay each school around $30 million last year.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The real question to me is the Playoff coverage. I'm guessing that would stay ESPN3 as that is separate than the conference agreements and the NCAA should want maximum possible viewers for those games.

Quote Originally Posted by WestDak View Post
    The real question to me is the Playoff coverage. I'm guessing that would stay ESPN3 as that is separate than the conference agreements and the NCAA should want maximum possible viewers for those games.
    I'm fascinated just to see what stays ESPN3 versus this plus.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I'm fascinated just to see what stays ESPN3 versus this plus.
    ESPN needs money really, really bad. That should give you a good idea where they are going with online content.
    Hail the BISON!!!