Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

Default Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

For those of you that stream their Bison games through WatchESPN app like me. Looks like we are going to have to subscribe to ESPN’s new subscription service: ESPN +?

https://www.theringer.com/sports/201...rvice-april-12

As far as live events go, here’s what the service has:

College sports from these conferences: “America East, ASun, Big South, Big West, Horizon, Ivy League, MAAC, MAC, MEAC, Missouri Valley, NEC, Southern Conference, Southland, Summit League, Sun Belt, WAC, and many more.”

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

I assume this is primarily for those who don't have access to Watch ESPN/ESPN3 through their cable or streaming provider. There is no mention of those going away in this article.

Smile Re: Watch ESPN/ ESPN + streaming

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I assume this is primarily for those who don't have access to Watch ESPN/ESPN3 through their cable or streaming provider. There is no mention of those going away in this article.
    That’s true.... this thread can get deleted.

Wait. What about cord cutters. Can you subscribe and get the games without having cable or satellite tv?

just trying to understand what this offering is and how it’s different from Watch ESPN/ESPN3.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

From what I saw on AGS, that even if your ISP supplies ESPN3 that is going away completely possibly. Someone posted something from one of the schools stating that they would have to pay the $5/month or $50/year fee to watch their games going forward. I haven't tried it out. Today is the last day of ESPN3 or first day of ESPN+ can't remember so some things may be still or may not be working today.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Wait. What about cord cutters. Can you subscribe and get the games without having cable or satellite tv?

just trying to understand what this offering is and how it’s different from Watch ESPN/ESPN3.
    Yes anyone can subscribe to it, no longer need to be part of any other service to get it now. Question remains whether numerous ISP that have been providing it as part of their service would still have it. Difference would be $5/ sub would get you everything. ISP sub only got you ESPN3 items. Far as I know ESPN3 no longer exists at all, that was started with WatchESPN deal last year.

The Mouse controls the horizontal and the vertical.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So since my Midco subscription included WatchESPN, if it is no longer included, my subscription price should go down correct?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Was excited because I thought it meant ESPN a-la-carte, but then I read the story...

That list of ESPN+ live content reads like a group of castoffs: programming not valuable enough to appear on one of ESPN’s eight cable networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Classic, ESPNews, ESPN Deportes, Longhorn Network, SEC Network). ESPN’s press release makes no mention of the NFL or NBA at all. There will be no Monday Night Football, and neither of ESPN’s two weekly NBA games will appear on the platform. Plus, no live event that is on one of ESPN’s eight cable networks will be on ESPN+.
    F that.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    So since my Midco subscription included WatchESPN, if it is no longer included, my subscription price should go down correct?
    LOL. Not a chance. I subscribe to the Midco Sports Pack, pay extra for it. Midco just dropped the Big Ten Network from the sports pack this week. You think the price for the sports pack dropped? Heck no.

I exchanged some words with a Midco rep about it. They seem more concerned about adding the Oprah Network than keeping something I pay a PREMIUM for, so F them. There are a lot of new options popping up everyday. Pretty close to cutting the cord and going with Hulu TV and just subscribe to MLB and NHL packages. The only thing holding me back is Hulu needs to add a couple of more stations I want. They do that and it's snip-snip time. Now, if they pull MVFC stuff off of WatchESPN then that is something else I need to consider as I don't really want to buy ESPN+ too, but also need to consider if Midco stops supporting WatchESPN. It's like they just want me to cut the cord.