Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Payton Otterdahl

Default Re: Payton Otterdahl

I'd say wind

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I'd say wind

You would be wrong, as wind is factored in when outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    You would be wrong, as wind is factored in when outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think maybe he's suggesting you factor that wind at his back. Don't agree just pointing out.

Lardsin must go!

How is wind factored in the shot put? I don't believe I've ever seen a wind aided notation.
    Also, warmer outdoor temps make for better performances.

https://trackandfieldnews.com/tfn-li...time-list-men/

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

There are no "Wind Aided" notations in the throwing events.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I wonder why that is.
    Why outdoor tend to be better than indoor - in not only the shot put, but in every track and field event.

I believe it is psychological, mental. The mental aspect. Ask someone who rides a stationary bike indoors and then goes for a long bike ride outside, versus someone who has been riding outside and then goes on the same long bike ride. Who fares better? The one who trained outside. You can make the environmental conditions indoors the same as outdoor training - temperature, wind, etc - one will still see the outdoor training person do better. We naturally work harder when outside. Why? I don't know, but it is tied to the mind. (IMHO)

As a high schooler, I threw both indoors and outdoors and since high school, have been around high level high school track for many years.

The only thing that I can provide (from the standpoint of a theory) is that since the indoor season comes first, those performances occur when the athletes are not yet ramped up to their season potentials. (that seem to occur once they move outdoors in the spring)

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    As a high schooler, I threw both indoors and outdoors and since high school, have been around high level high school track for many years.

The only thing that I can provide (from the standpoint of a theory) is that since the indoor season comes first, those performances occur when the athletes are not yet ramped up to their season potentials. (that seem to occur once they move outdoors in the spring)
    Yeah and in the events that require explosive movements people perform better at 90 degrees than room temp imho.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Yeah and in the events that require explosive movements people perform better at 90 degrees than room temp imho.

Bad weather is certainly a big factor in all aspects of T & F (running, throwing, and jumping)*. Some real miserable numbers pop up on the results sheets on those cold, windy and/or rainy early spring meets. I agree with you on the nice and warm weather environments yielding better numbers.

*copywrite....captain obvious

The answer you seek is training cycles. These athletes are peaking for the outdoor meets, whether it's the NCAAs, US Championships, World's, the Olympics, or the Grand Prix, all of the big prizes are outdoor. I know that Justin's crew has been lifting very heavy all winter.
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.