Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Payton Otterdahl

Default Re: Payton Otterdahl

Looks like Aug 3 early AM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In 6th place after Flight A (20.9M), just missed the auto-qualifying mark for the finals (21.0)

Both him and Kovacs (the other US thrower in the first flight) were more than 1m under their US Olympic trials throw. Hopefully they both make the final and can let it rip!

Group B is throwing now: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olym...al-b00100-.htm. Payton needs 6 or less of them to top his 20.90m throw to advance to the final.

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like he just might make the final

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He’s in! 12th spot, but qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    He’s in! 12th spot, but qualified.
    Heck Yeah!!!!! Go get them in the finals.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

If my time zone conversions are right the final will be at 9pm our time tomorrow night: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olym...nl-000100-.htm

Hopefully it's televised live on NBC prime time since Crouser will be the gold medal favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If my time zone conversions are right the final will be at 9pm our time tomorrow night: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/olym...nl-000100-.htm

Hopefully it's televised live on NBC prime time since Crouser will be the gold medal favorite.
    There will be a watch party at Herd and Horns for Payton who throws at 9pm. Everyone is welcome!
    They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

FYI quick update on USA (the network), they just said the shot put finals should be starting around 930pm CT

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    FYI quick update on USA (the network), they just said the shot put finals should be starting around 930pm CT
    if you waited until 930 you’re late. Started at like 5 after. Dedicated stream on nbcolympics.com if you don’t want to risk being interrupted by high jump or track heats
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie