Thread: 2023 North Dakota State Track Meet

Default 2023 North Dakota State Track Meet

The state meet just keeps getting bigger and bigger which is kind of surprising since track & field is a grind, and ND's spring weather is pretty awful for track. On the other hand, there is no BS in track.

I can't seem to find a list of 2023 track commitments anywhere but have seen these guys:

Ethan Moe (Williston) who set state records in the 800 and 1600. Normally I wouldn't touch Facebook but his announcement was pretty funny: Ethan Moe announces where he is signing his National Letter of Intent to run Cross Country next year | By Williston Coyotes Athletics & Activities | Facebook
    JD Williams (Williston) state champ in long jump.
    Dylan McGlothlin (Bismarck Legacy) set the 200m record.
    Brooks Turner (Bismarck Century) he broke the state 110m record in the prelims going into the wind and then crushed it in the finals (but the wind was too favorable for it to count.)

Those are the names that jumped out at me.

On the girls' side, Bariborve Deebom looked really good in the sprints in Class A - she's going to Nebraska, I think. In Class B Kelsie Belquist and Elise Wisnewski were phenomenal but are juniors.

Here's a link to all the results (which I have only skimmed so far): Boys' Track and Field Tournament |NDHSAANOW.com
    Last edited by tony; 06-02-2023 at 02:37 AM.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023 North Dakota State Track Meet

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The state meet just keeps getting bigger and bigger which is kind of surprising since track & field is a grind, and ND's spring weather is pretty awful for track. On the other hand, there is no BS in track.

I can't seem to find a list of 2023 track commitments anywhere but have seen these guys:

Ethan Moe (Williston) who set state records in the 800 and 1600. Normally I wouldn't touch Facebook but his announcement was pretty funny: Ethan Moe announces where he is signing his National Letter of Intent to run Cross Country next year | By Williston Coyotes Athletics & Activities | Facebook
    JD Williams (Williston) state champ in long jump.
    Dylan McGlothlin (Bismarck Legacy) set the 200m record.
    Brooks Turner (Bismarck Century) he broke the state 110m record in the prelims going into the wind and then crushed it in the finals (but the wind was too favorable for it to count.)

Those are the names that jumped out at me.

On the girls' side, Bariborve Deebom looked really good in the sprints in Class B - she's going to Nebraska, I think. In Class B Kelsie Belquist and Elise Wisnewski were phenomenal but are juniors.

Here's a link to all the results (which I have only skimmed so far): Boys' Track and Field Tournament |NDHSAANOW.com
    Kelsie Belquist won the 300m hurdles by 4 seconds. That’s just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    exNDSU WR Eliot is her dad and exNDSU WR Alex is her uncle (and her brother plays for F'hawks)

She is getting Pac 10 ,Big 10, SEC looks for Track, she is that good.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    I don't think it was in the finals but I saw a video from the state meet where she got knocked to the ground tripping on a hurdle hurdle, did a somersault, got back up, and proceeded to win the heat easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't think it was in the finals but I saw a video from the state meet where she got knocked to the ground tripping on a hurdle hurdle, did a somersault, got back up, and proceeded to win the heat easily.
    Kelsie Belquist's 200m time blew me away too. Under 24 seconds? There are DI track programs that have never had a woman run a 200 under 24 seconds (e.g. UND.) I saw video of her and Kelsie going 1-2 in the 200 - good sports, but Elise is really good in the 100.

Here's a tweet with video of her pulling away from the field in the 100 at the Howard Wood Relays: Wisnewski wins 100

Anyway, I still haven't pored through all the results - I did notice that Bismarck is just dominant in boys track (I think that Bismarck Century score more than all the Fargo schools put together.) I was thinking that they might have an advantage because the weather is so much better for track, but the east dominates in Class B and Class A girls.

Michael Haugo results in the Minnesota 8AAA sectionals for Moorhead

Haugo won the 100-meter dash in 11 seconds, with Bada placing second in 11.12. Haugo also won the 200 in 21.60, with Bada finishing second in 22.32.

Baba narrowly bested Haugo in the long jump, winning at 22 feet, 10 inches. Haugo jumped 22-9.5.
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/prep/...-championships

Michael Haugo results from Minnesota Class 3A State Track Championships

https://www.inforum.com/sports/prep/...3a-state-track