Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 FS World Cup

Default 2018 FS World Cup

Action begins tomorrow!!!

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 FS World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Action begins tomorrow!!!

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Every time a pic like this is posted, I always catch myself marveling for minutes at other school's arenas thinking what could have been for NDSU. And it takes a moment to realize why I came here in the first place, sorry, but thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Every time a pic like this is posted, I always catch myself marveling for minutes at other school's arenas thinking what could have been for NDSU. And it takes a moment to realize why I came here in the first place, sorry, but thanks for the heads up.
    Carver-Hawkeye Arena had to sacrifice a bit of their catwalk in order for their roof to support the new video boards.

For the record, the biggest video boards I've gotten to work with so far in my career are those that belong in the FargoDome. For a school that lacks "F.U." money, they've done amazingly well. Too bad the SBoHE fights the schools so much from growing.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Carver-Hawkeye Arena had to sacrifice a bit of their catwalk in order for their roof to support the new video boards.

For the record, the biggest video boards I've gotten to work with so far in my career are those that belong in the FargoDome. For a school that lacks "F.U." money, they've done amazingly well. Too bad the SBoHE fights the schools so much from growing.
    Oh I marvel at the Fargodome every time I'm there. I'm looking at things at an architectural stand point. To me, it's like putting puzzles together and then staring at the one big picture or it was like putting model planes and cars together when I was a kid. I loved putting it all together, all the intricate parts, and then marveling at the finished product for years no matter what age has done to it.
    Arenas such as Hawkeye arena has a nice cohesion to it, no space seems to be wasted, the bowl seating seems to bond nicely, you mentioned the scoreboard, visually it's very cohesive.
    The Fargodome is a very nice building especially for its age, for the cost, efficient use of space, design, etc........but again, sorry for the thread drift, I'm a little OCD, when I go to a major city, I stare at skyscrapers for crying out loud and figure how many stories are in each building. I'm also bored. No football, baseball is at its boring stage, Masters is meh, spring is abnormally cold, the kids are crabby, and what have you...

Oh I marvel at the Fargodome every time I'm there. I'm looking at things at an architectural stand point. To me, it's like putting puzzles together and then staring at the one big picture or it was like putting model planes and cars together when I was a kid. I loved putting it all together, all the intricate parts, and then marveling at the finished product for years no matter what age has done to it.
    Arenas such as Hawkeye arena has a nice cohesion to it, no space seems to be wasted, the bowl seating seems to bond nicely, you mentioned the scoreboard, visually it's very cohesive.
    The Fargodome is a very nice building especially for its age, for the cost, efficient use of space, design, etc........but again, sorry for the thread drift, I'm a little OCD, when I go to a major city, I stare at skyscrapers for crying out loud and figure how many stories are in each building. I'm also bored. No football, baseball is at its boring stage, Masters is meh, spring is abnormally cold, the kids are crabby, and what have you...
    The amount of renovation they did to Carver-Hawkeye Arena recently is amazing. Compared to when I competed here in 1999 at the National Duals, the inner parts of the facility is awesome. Then again, looking at what happened recently to the old BSA, I feel pretty good about direction of NDSU too.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The amount of renovation they did to Carver-Hawkeye Arena recently is amazing. Compared to when I competed here in 1999 at the National Duals, the inner parts of the facility is awesome. Then again, looking at what happened recently to the old BSA, I feel pretty good about direction of NDSU too.
    I would like to see it in person, like I said, I'm fascinated with architecture. How did you do at National Duals? Didn't you do something after college wrestling too in GR or something? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
    I don't want to get started on the BSA/SHAC thing again...

I would like to see it in person, like I said, I'm fascinated with architecture. How did you do at National Duals? Didn't you do something after college wrestling too in GR or something? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
    I don't want to get started on the BSA/SHAC thing again...
    What I remember about the 1999 Duals is being sick with Bronchitis and having to wrestle since our starter, Severson was even more ill with pneumonia. Like the team, I went 0-2. Even more embarrassing was costing the team a point for unsportsmanlike when I threw the entire contents of the scoring table in the mat after being pissed for being ran into on purpose.

After that, we sat in the crowd to watch the rest of the duals. For the Iowa-Minnesota dual, Cal State Bakersfield sat directly a row below us. The guy right in front of me was Stephen Neal. I thought of making a smart-arse comment when Lesnar came out and manhandled Wes Hand to end the Semifinal dual, but realized I already had my butt handed to me too many times already that day. Neal didn’t seem too worried about Brock during the dual anyways and would end up beating him for the National Championship in March. He would also go on later that Fall and win the Worlds. After that, we he couldn’t get past Kerry McCoy for the Olympic Team, he switched to football and won a few Super Bowls with Patriots.

Hail the BISON!!!

Hayden Zillmer will start for the USA in the first dual against India at 92KGs.

Dual starts in minutes.

USA has an incredibly talented team and are the favorites to win the entire tournament.

Christopher, can you confirm Zillmer is getting the first start? Zach Sanders said Hayden is getting it.

Makes sense since USA is heavy favorites against India and Sanders and Zillmer are both MN Storm guys

USA going with Gilman, Colon, Stieber, Green, Burroughs, Dake, Taylor, Zillmer, Snyder, Bradley vs India