Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bob Babich presents Brian Urlacher - HOF

Default Re: Bob Babich presents Brain Urlacher - HOF

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I feel the same way. Gordon was really, REALLY good. Crazy that he was on a D2 team. I don't really know the recruiting backstory with him. Satter obviously had incredible talent and I think just had some bad luck at a bad time in his transition to the pros. Perhaps the RB with the greatest potential was Reggie Scott. He could have been an amazing talent had his head been on straight at the time. (RIP.)
    Gordon gets my vote for best ever.

Shatter was special too. I think he was a mess physically by the end of his college career. Weren’t there constant ankle and other nagging injuries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone questioned how Lamar Gordon ended up at a D2 school, well he came weighing in at a buck 80 at 6'1" and wasn't very strong. I remember watching him spining all over the field trying to break tackles as a freshman, he looked like a top built from toothpicks. By the time he was a junior, he was breaking tackles with his strength and speed and had moves like Jagger...it was a sight to see.
    His favorite player was Marshall Faulk hence the matching jersey numbers...crazy he ends up playing next to his idol. Didn't Faulk say Gordon was the best back he's seen in a long time or something to that nature? Fate is a crazy thing. Only if he could have stayed healthy...you could start a thread on past NDSU players that had potential in the NFL but were limited by injuries.
    Anyway Gordon is the best back NDSU has had so far...his running style reminded me of Adrian Peterson well actually AP reminds me of LG, sorry LG came first.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Gordon gets my vote for best ever.

Shatter was special too. I think he was a mess physically by the end of his college career. Weren’t there constant ankle and other nagging injuries?

I grew up with Tony Satter. I am the same age as his wife. At one of our reunions I chatted about his NFL preseason. He looked pretty good for the Giants as a free agent, and I think was tracking for the last RB spot. Ron Erhardt was O Coordinator. But as a punt returner in the last preseason game he fumbled during a punt return, and muffed another. Tony said the winds at Meadowlands stadium were like nothing he had seen before, and both his arms were completely black and blue from arm hits to strip the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I grew up with Tony Satter. I am the same age as his wife. At one of our reunions I chatted about his NFL preseason. He looked pretty good for the Giants as a free agent, and I think was tracking for the last RB spot. Ron Erhardt was O Coordinator. But as a punt returner in the last preseason game he fumbled during a punt return, and muffed another. Tony said the winds at Meadowlands stadium were like nothing he had seen before, and both his arms were completely black and blue from arm hits to strip the ball.
    I remember the muffed punt. I’m not sure if I saw it on TV. There weren’t a lot of games to watch back then.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I have a very vague memory of my dad telling me "He broke the one rule a RB has, he fumbled."
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I have a very vague memory of my dad telling me "He broke the one rule a RB has, he fumbled."
    I remember watching that preseason game. Tony had some good yardage on his carries but remember thinking, fumbles will get him cut.. Parcells was still coach, right?

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    It was also the same year that Bob Entzion got caught trying to manipulate one of Omaha's finest policemen in a city park...He might have been a little distracted.
    I had completely forgot about Bob Entzion. What a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffs View Post
    I had completely forgot about Bob Entzion. What a douche.
    He was credited with saving a man's life that historical weekend for performing the Hind-lick-Maneuver. Turns out the guy wasn't very grateful.

Pretty sure this is Bob's current business for those who don't go to parks to meet him.

http://islandviewresortmn.com/contact-us/