Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bob Babich presents Brian Urlacher - HOF

Default Re: Bob Babich presents Brain Urlacher - HOF

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Where did he come from, I don't remember. What was his pedigree that got him the NDSU job?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Ties to Morton, who pushed hire through, hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Loved Bob Babich! great honor. He sat with us at NDSU Graduation and talked football , didn't even know us.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great article. When a HOF player has that much respect for a coach he must have been doing something right. Think about it...a guy is being inducted in the HOF and chooses you to speak. That is a great honor for anyone. Congrats to Babich on being recocognized as one of the most influential coaches to a HOF football player.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know I shouldn't think like this (really, I DO get it...) but honestly this makes me think a little less of Urlacher than it improves what I think about Bob.

Fuck Bob.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    The 2000 team was a national championship caliber team with Lamar Gordon running. We lost either two or three quarterbacks in one playoff game to injuries. They just got very unlucky. Am I a Babich fan? Nope.

They changed the uniforms to butt ugly ones. That's the reason.

Here...

<strong><font color="#4b0082">
    Just to expand and what you posted about the 2000 team. That 2000 team was really good with Lamar Gordon (arguably the best RB in school history) and Deshawn Perkins (IIRC) at RB's amongst other good players. NDSU was down to there 3rd string quarterback for the Delta State (Cleveland MS) game (D2 semifinals). NDSU went on the road in the 1st round and beat #1 Northwest Missouri State, IIRC, and then went to UNO, NDSU's only loss on the season 6-3 in Omaha, and whooped them. NDSU lost two quarterbacks (Ryan Johnson and Greg Goerder) to torn ACL's in the UNO game.

There was a lot of controversy about NDSU not getting to host the D2 semifinal game against Delta State since NDSU was 12-1 and had beaten #1 NWMSU and then UNO. Delta State was also 12-1 at the time. The field at DSU was crap and IIRC was knicknamed the kittylitter bowl or something like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_N...ootball_season

https://static.gostatesmen.com/custo...0/teamstat.htm

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Just to expand and what you posted about the 2000 team. That 2000 team was really good with Lamar Gordon (arguably the best RB in school history) and Deshawn Perkins (IIRC) at RB's amongst other good players. NDSU was down to there 3rd string quarterback for the Delta State (Cleveland MS) game (D2 semifinals). NDSU went on the road in the 1st round and beat #1 Northwest Missouri State, IIRC, and then went to UNO, NDSU's only loss on the season 6-3 in Omaha, and whooped them. NDSU lost two quarterbacks (Ryan Johnson and Greg Goerder) to torn ACL's in the UNO game.

There was a lot of controversy about NDSU not getting to host the D2 semifinal game against Delta State since NDSU was 12-1 and had beaten #1 NWMSU and then UNO. Delta State was also 12-1 at the time. The field at DSU was crap and IIRC was knicknamed the kittylitter bowl or something like that.

Dewey
    IIRC, RT from UNDerwear had his fat little fingers in that selection pie.

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post

There was a lot of controversy about NDSU not getting to host the D2 semifinal game against Delta State since NDSU was 12-1 and had beaten #1 NWMSU and then UNO. Delta State was also 12-1 at the time. The field at DSU was crap and IIRC was knicknamed the kittylitter bowl or something like that. Wasn'

Dewey
    wasn't that chapman first year as President and the kitty litter bowl help instigat the move to DI?

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    wasn't that chapman first year as President and the kitty litter bowl help instigat the move to DI?
    According to the link below Chapman started in June 1999.

https://library.ndsu.edu/ndsuarchives/ndsu-presidents

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    It was also the same year that Bob Entzion got caught trying to manipulate one of Omaha's finest policemen in a city park...He might have been a little distracted.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    It was also the same year that Bob Entzion got caught trying to manipulate one of Omaha's finest policemen in a city park...He might have been a little distracted.
    Same year? More like the same day we lost two QBs to ACL injuries at the UNO game.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!