Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2019 MVFC Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    In following HERO’s position rankings, this group caught my eye:

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbal...men-oct18-ajaj

I remember, in the past, a Coach, perhaps Coach Bohl, said that defensive linemen (DE’s) were the hardest athletes to find in recruiting. I continue to be impressed by NDSU’s results at this position and how it has contributed to the success of the Bison.

National Top 30 DL ranking, including......

6 - Ryan Reed
    9 - Will Mostaert
    16 - Javier Derritt
    24 - Eli Mostaert

Among other Bison recruits listed were Jaren Lewis, 16th among QB’s and Jalen Bussey, 6th among RB’s.
    Really wishing the Jacks had landed Javier Derritt and Reed Ryan. They are going to be very good. Derritt has huge potential to be one of the best DT's in the MVFC. The Mostaert twins honestly didn't impress me at SDSU's prospect camp last summer. They played a little stiff and didn't test great. As you said, NDSU has a good track record of landing high quality DEs. I'm sure they will be fine but I certainly prefer the other two.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Hero Sports has been doing recaps by position and now has shifted to "top 30" by conference. Yesterday they covered the MVFC. https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...-oct-2018-ajaj
    NDSU with 8
    SDSU with 6
    ILL St and Ind St with 3 a piece
    UNI, YSU, SIU, USD, MSU, with 2 each
    WIU and MSU with 1
    I'm surprised Romeir Elliott for Southern Illinois wasn't on this list. He's from the same high school as Michael Tutsie. They are the prohibitive favorite in the largest class in Indiana, and he's one of 3 players from this team considered finalists for Mr. Football. The other two are Jeff George's son and a wide receiver that has offers from all the top B1G schools. He set and later broke his own school record for yards rushing in a game. Last week he had like 370 yards in the first half against the #2 team from Kentucky. He had 4 carries in the third quarter to get over 400. He's only 5' 6" but he's very strong and fast. He could be a beast at SIU.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fighting Hawks get a commit from Adam Zavalney of Park River ND.
    PWO?
    More on Zavalney by Tom Miller - And yes, a PWO according to Miller.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/footba...nd-prep-player

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I'm surprised Romeir Elliott for Southern Illinois wasn't on this list. He's from the same high school as Michael Tutsie. They are the prohibitive favorite in the largest class in Indiana, and he's one of 3 players from this team considered finalists for Mr. Football. The other two are Jeff George's son and a wide receiver that has offers from all the top B1G schools. He set and later broke his own school record for yards rushing in a game. Last week he had like 370 yards in the first half against the #2 team from Kentucky. He had 4 carries in the third quarter to get over 400. He's only 5' 6" but he's very strong and fast. He could be a beast at SIU.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    You might be showing us a good example of the subjective nature of this recruiting stuff. Romeir Elliott could be a very productive player for Southern Illinois, perhaps similar to Jalen Bussey (5’ 8” ish) for NDSU. Alot of what HERO is doing is based on the player’s cumulative rating by the recruiting services, and also what school’s have offered. 247 doesn’t show any offers for Elliot, so perhaps that was what kept him off the list.

https://247sports.com/Player/Romeir-Elliott-46049377/

Elliott could also be someone who does so well his senior season that his personal ranking is lifted.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You might be showing us a good example of the subjective nature of this recruiting stuff. Romeir Elliott could be a very productive player for Southern Illinois, perhaps similar to Jalen Bussey (5’ 8” ish) for NDSU. Alot of what HERO is doing is based on the player’s cumulative rating by the recruiting services, and also what school’s have offered. 247 doesn’t show any offers for Elliot, so perhaps that was what kept him off the list.

Elliott could also be someone who does so well his senior season that his personal ranking is lifted.
    Nail hit on head.

Totally agree that players are ranked by how many offers they have and what schools have offered. I'm pretty sure if a kid holds a UN_ offer their stock plummets. Kidding aside I don't know how else anyone could do it. How many kids get offers just from FCS schools every year? How are you supposed to watch every single kids tape, compare level of play or opponents, etc across the entire nation. It's virtually impossible.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is definitely true. Alabama isn't getting 4 and 5 star kids to go there. Kids are getting 4 and 5 star ratings because they are being recruited by Alabama. I think it was Mike Golic who said his son was a 4 star recruit and then committed to ND. There was a recruiting academy set up by one of the rating services and he chose not to attend because he already knew where he was going. After the event he was listed as a 3 star recruit. He hadn't played a down of football but his stock went down only likely due to his lack of attendance. IOW...don't take the ratings or these rankings too seriously. Even if they paint the Bison in a positive light.

South Dakota loses it’s QB commit -
    Green Bay Southwest QB Nick Howard flips to Cornell.
    Cornell looking at him as a LB/ATH.

SDSU commit Payton Shafer - 6' 0” 195 - LB/DB - Cottage Grove - MN (Park) - takes a GameDay visit to Nebraska.
    The Cornhuskers give out a lot of PWO’s, so will be interesting to see what Shafer does if offered.

SDSU offers Ft Scott (KS) JC DE/OLB Dirion Hutchins - 6’ 3” 245